About the role
- Opportunity to play vital role in a vibrant, agile agency
- Generous salary packaging
- Northern suburbs
About the role
Kids First Australia requires a hands-on Financial Controller to lead our small finance team. Reporting to the Director Corporate Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for preparation, analysis and reporting of statutory and management information, and support the maintenance of best practice accounting policies and procedures across the organisation.
You will also:
- Prepare short and long-term cash forecasts
- Ensure compliance with governance frameworks, including financial delegations, policies and processes
- Utilise information technology and financial systems to extract data, investigate, and analyse, including variance analysis
- Support and advise business unit/program managers and executive team on budget preparation, and control and progress towards budget targets
- Provide support, guidance, leadership and management to finance team
- Be a CPA or CA qualified
- Must have a ‘can-do’ attitude and a customer service focus
- Previous experience in MYOB or MYOB Advanced is desirable
- Strong systems knowledge and experience in an all-round account role for over 7 years
- Previous proven experience leading and managing teams or staff
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Proven experience of successfully communicating and coaching non-finance people around financial concepts
- Previous experience in the not-for-profit sector is advantageous
- Strong attention to detail
What we offer
You will be rewarded with a collaborative and focussed culture, and an attractive salary including the opportunity to salary package to increase take home pay.
About the organisation
Kids First Australia (formally Children's Protection Society) is an independent not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting children and families since 1896. Our vision is that all children and young people thrive in resilient, strong and safe families and communities. Kids First has a proud reputation for innovation, high quality services, and an unequivocal focus on quality outcomes for children.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Financial Controller via Pro Bono Australia.