About the role
Well established and with a large workforce this leading Aboriginal corporation provides a number of support services including community development, housing, and employment, as well as having a sizeable and successful enterprise arm. They also provide a forum through which their members can discuss and act on issues of common concern.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, and with an organisation wide remit, the key accountabilities of the position will include:
- Responsibility for the day-to-day operational management, administration and legal compliance;
- Leading a focused team in the implementation of the operational plan;
- Provide direction in the development and operation of projects and programs;
- Identifying new business and investment opportunities that will help diversify and further strengthen revenues;
- Provide support to the CEO in the operation and administration of the Board’s requirements;
- Ensuring that the members culture and heritage are recorded, protected and shared in the community.
We are looking for an experienced leader who will possess the core skills required to ensure success. These in particular will be:
- Previous experience living and working in a remote, regional location;
- A good understanding of working with indigenous communities or in a cross-cultural context;
- Strong experience in team leadership and mentoring;
- Commercial negotiations;
- Financial and business management;
- Well-developed community and stakeholder engagement skills;
- High level communication skills;
- An outcomes focussed approach.
Intending applicants should be aware that the position is based in a small town in the Kimberley region of Western Australia, however periodic travel to Perth will be necessary. This position is not considered to be fly in fly out.
A competitive remuneration package, including relocation assistance and a housing allowance, reflective of the senior nature of this role and its location will be negotiated.
Applications may be made in Word format to Lester Blades – Executive Search, Selection & Retention at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Reference LB302256. Initial telephone enquiries to James Fairbairn or Tony Lester are welcome on 9221 0744.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: General Manager via Pro Bono Australia.