About the role
Working in a small, national not-for-profit organisation reporting to the CEO, a highly motivated and responsible attitude coupled with strong community engagement, networking and people management skills and a strong interest in supporting organisational growth, are essential.
Skills & Experience that will enable you to succeed in the role
- Proven successful management experience in, and knowledge of, the not-for-profit environment including experience in developing and implementing community programs
- Advanced Leadership and people management skills and an ability to support staff in multiple locations using virtual office technologies
- Experience in business or charity management, planning and financial oversight
- A great organiser who knows how to meet deadlines and operate within a budget
- Excellent communication and IT skills (written, verbal, visual) and an ability to work in a truly collaborative manner
- Professional, energetic, optimistic, with a “can do” attitude
- Known for building strong key stakeholder relationships and successful track record in securing funding
You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Managing the day-to-day operational activities of the organisation in Victoria/NSW
- Leading, motivating and supporting a small Victorian based team to recruit and train volunteers expanding the service into more schools
- Sourcing funding opportunities, submitting proposals and implementing new program initiatives
- Promoting EdConnect services to the community and identified stakeholders to raise awareness and create a positive image
- Contributing to policy formation, planning recommendations and continuous process improvement initiatives
This is a fixed term 12 month contract with possible extension.
Salary range $107,000 – $112,000 (pro rata) plus generous NFP salary packaging
About the organisation
At EdConnect Australia we change lives. We train and support a nationwide group of volunteers to provide life-changing mentoring and learning support in schools for young people who are disadvantaged or at risk of not fulfilling their educational potential.
By harnessing the wisdom and skills of older generations we enrich the learning experience of young people who are at risk of falling by the wayside in an often over-burdened school system. We connect volunteers who want to make a difference with young people in schools who need extra help and guidance.
At EdConnect it’s our mission to unleash this potential for the greater good across Australia.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: General Manager – Melbourne via Pro Bono Australia.