About the role
Head of Research & Innovation
This important role has oversight of RACS’ strategic direction as it relates to education, providing expert and strategic advice and ensuring that all educational programs and resources are relevant, based on sound educational principles and meet international best practice standards. With key responsibility for supporting the maintenance of Australian Medical Council accreditation, this role will also focus on identifying and recommending best practice models of surgical training and assessment. This crucial role will drive innovative research within surgical education training at RACS. Ref: 13280
The role will be offered on a 2 year contract.
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- A relevant postgraduate qualification with research experience and extensive relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop context-relevant strategies, especially in relation to new assessment tools and manage plans to meet targets and goals
- High level analytical and problem-solving skills with research experience and wide knowledge of relevant innovation approaches in medical education and the ability to lead their development, promulgate and implement initiatives to solve them
- Experience in implementing new teaching and learning initiatives within a medical education context
- Outstanding people leadership skills with demonstrable experience in managing professionals with experience in building high performing teams in an educational context
- Demonstrated high level planning and administrative skills including financial management and project management with a proven ability to manage several projects simultaneously, working independently with limited direction
- Initiative and the ability to work effectively in a team and to contribute to the organisation at a broader level
- Experience of business modelling and market research would be advantageous
Applications close: Sunday 28th April 2019.
Enquiries relating to the role requirements can be directed to Julian Archer, Executive General Manager Education on +61 (0)3 9249 1291. General enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org however applications emailed to this address will not be accepted.
About the organisation
The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS), formed in 1927, is a non-profit organisation leading surgical performance, professionalism and improving patient care in Australia and New Zealand.
With the appointment of a new Executive General Manager for Education early in 2019, RACS is committed to creating a modern, relevant and forward-looking Education portfolio. We are looking for outstanding leaders to join the Education Leadership Team in this time of positive transformation to meet the future education needs and learning outcomes of its Fellows, Trainees and International Medical Graduates. For more info visit: www.surgeons.org
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Research & Innovation via Pro Bono Australia.