About the Role
Head of Training Services
As an experienced and effective leader, this role has the primary responsibility of ensuring the provision of efficient and effective management of the RACS Surgical Education and Training (SET) program and using their extensive relationship and stakeholder management skills will be responsible for the provision of support to the RACS Surgical Training Boards. With oversight of the Specialist Training Program, this role will also ensure the fulfillment of the contract with the Federal Government. Ref: 13282
The role will be offered on a 2 year contract.
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree and substantial relevant work experience in the administration and project management ideally of medical training
- Experience in working collaboratively across stakeholders with excellent relationship building skills and a proven ability to effectively liaise and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels
- Outstanding people leadership skills with demonstrable experience in managing teams of professionals with proven experience in building high performing teams in an educational context
- Superior interpersonal skills with well-developed written and verbal communication skills, proven ability to present, persuade, advocate, negotiate and motivate and prepare correspondence, reports and briefs on complex and sensitive issues.
- Extensive program management experience demonstrated through the management of several large programs simultaneously within a service environment
Applications close: Sunday 28th April 2019.
Enquiries relating to the role requirements can be directed to Julian Archer, Executive General Manager Education on +61 (0)3 9249 1291. General enquiries can be directed to email@example.com however applications emailed to this address will not be accepted.
About the Organisation
The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS), formed in 1927, is a non-profit organisation leading surgical performance, professionalism and improving patient care in Australia and New Zealand.
With the appointment of a new Executive General Manager for Education early in 2019, RACS is committed to creating a modern, relevant and forward-looking Education portfolio. We are looking for outstanding leaders to join the Education Leadership Team in this time of positive transformation to meet the future education needs and learning outcomes of its Fellows, Trainees and International Medical Graduates. For more info visit: www.surgeons.org
Apply for this Job
To apply – please go to the RACS recruitment portal and apply using the relevant reference code, addressing your cover letter and resume to Julian Archer, Executive General Manager, Education.
Please quote in application: Head of Training Services via Pro Bono Australia.