About the role
- Location: Morwell, East Metropolitan, Preston, Werribbe, Melton, South Metropolitan
- Full time
- Salary- $57,402.30- $70,287.40 (The salary would depend on the experience and qualification)
The Key Worker (Case Manager) is the person a) providing intensive case management services to the particular TCP client/s b) delivering the TCP.
Working intensely with a small caseload, the Key Worker will directly engage and work with the child, their family, carers and others to facilitate changes that support achievement of the child’s case plan and the outcomes sought for the child or young person.
Key Workers must possess an ability to work outside traditional program boundaries, and will be supported by VACCA to do this. They will need to be culturally sensitive and make sure that all Aboriginal children whom they support are provided with appropriate cultural supports in line with their cultural support plan.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal communities and culture and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia
- An ability to work in a culturally respectful and competent manner with young people, their families and communities to ensure that cultural connections are fostered and maintained
- Demonstrated ability to use this knowledge to guide practice with Aboriginal children, families and carers
- Legislation, policy and practice requirements relating to Aboriginal children, families and communities
- Ability to undertake complex casework with families and children who have experienced trauma and may present with challenging behaviours, including using culturally safe therapeutic approaches to heal and build resilience
- Ability to complete assessments, including assessments of risk
- Ability to develop, implement and reviews plans for children and young people
- Ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with Aboriginal children, families, carers and other service providers to achieve outcomes
- Well-developed written and computer skills with the ability to prepare reports (including court reports) and maintain client records to a high standard
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
We provide a positive, culturally safe workplace environment supported by family friendly and culturally sensitive workforce policies, including professional development, continuing education and staff wellbeing.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Key Worker/Case Manager- Targeted Care Package via Pro Bono Australia.