About the Role
Head of Education Services
A critical role with responsibility for promoting a culture of education excellence that reflect surgeons’ need for leading edge medical education to deliver great patient care. With a focus on ensuring best practice standards of education through leadership in curriculum development and review, quality assessment and moderation and ensuring the design of business processes and practices support these standards. With line management oversight of professional development, examinations and IMG Assessment, skills training and the Skills and Education Centre, this is a key leadership role in training and sustaining surgeons throughout their professional life cycle. Ref: 13281
The role will be offered on a 2 year contract.
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- A relevant postgraduate qualification with extensive experience in a similar or comparative role.
- Demonstrated experience in contemporary curriculum and course development, ideally in the medical education context, along with an understanding of a client centred approach in the delivery of services
- Outstanding people leadership skills with demonstrable experience in managing large, diverse teams of professionals with experience in building high performing teams in an educational context
- Experience in implementing new teaching and learning initiatives within a medical education context
- High level analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify issues and develop and implement initiatives to solve them
- Demonstrated high level planning and administrative skills including financial management and project management with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously, working independently with limited direction
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexities of service delivery in a membership environment along with engaging and persuasive interpersonal skills to foster collaboration and engagement across multiple stakeholder groups.
Applications close: Sunday 28th April 2019.
Enquiries relating to the role requirements can be directed to Julian Archer, Executive General Manager Education on +61 (0)3 9249 1291. General enquiries can be directed to email@example.com however applications emailed to this address will not be accepted.
About the Organisation
The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS), formed in 1927, is a non-profit organisation leading surgical performance, professionalism and improving patient care in Australia and New Zealand.
With the appointment of a new Executive General Manager for Education early in 2019, RACS is committed to creating a modern, relevant and forward-looking Education portfolio. We are looking for outstanding leaders to join the Education Leadership Team in this time of positive transformation to meet the future education needs and learning outcomes of its Fellows, Trainees and International Medical Graduates. For more info visit: www.surgeons.org
Apply for this Job
To apply – please go to the RACS recruitment portal and apply using the relevant reference code, addressing your cover letter and resume to Julian Archer, Executive General Manager, Education.
Please quote in application: Head of Education Services via Pro Bono Australia.