About the Role
Royal Far West’s Marketing Specialist is responsible for the development, implementation and execution of activities which directly enable RFW’s key priorities of revenue generation, advocacy, brand awareness, service delivery and stakeholder engagement.
You will work closely with the Head of Marketing, Communications and Fundraising, & PR/Content Manager in the execution of the marketing and social strategy.
As the Marketing Specialist you will play an integral role in supporting the Business Directorate to execute their 3-year plans. From online (social – organic and paid advertising, website, email/nurture) to offline (press, collateral, events) you will respond to internal briefs, and work with business areas to meet their objectives. You will have experience in managing the creative process from design through to production and ideally will have design skills as well as ability to write copy.
Knowledge and experience of communications, marketing, content and social media is a pre-requisite for the role and NGO experience is preferable. Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Specialist is responsible for:
- Execution of RFW’s external marketing and communications activities ensuring alignment, effective brand integration and achievement of planned goals.
- Leading the development and execution of tactical campaigns to support the various programs of Royal Far West – Health, Fundraising, Venue Hire, Corporate/Philanthropy & Advocacy.
- Lead on the management and delivery of internal briefs
- Website – reporting, optimisation and regular updating of the website.
- Search/Paid media – reporting, optimisation and liaising with pro bono partners
- Social media strategy and execution
- Design develop/build online/offline communications for our various audiences – donors, branches, corporate partners etc
- Providing advice, support and guidance to RFW teams to support consistency in key messaging and brand alignment.
- Support the broader team for key flag ship events such as the Ride for Country Kids and the Gala event.
- Representing RFW publicly as an active advocate and ambassador.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be considered for this role, it is essential that you have:
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in the not for profit sector and relevant marketing/communications tertiary qualifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using the Adobe creative suite and ability to design basic collateral/digital assets
- Ability to use Google Analytics for reporting and tagging.
- Ability to use Word press to create pages/update content on Word press
- Ability to create campaigns and report on results from Google Adwords and Facebook advertising (boosting and ads)
- Ability to build emails/newsletters in Mailchimp and Campaign Monitor or another program
- Experience executing a social media strategy across a majority of social platforms, however predominantly Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Instagram.
- Basic ability to film and edit short videos using either Imovie, Shoosta or another platform
- Results orientated and self-motivated
- Project management skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and effectively manage multiple projects/tasks to deadlines.
- Influencing and interpersonal skills with the ability to sensitively respond to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- A proactive and action driven professional attitude and approach with the ability to generate ideas, think innovatively and problem solve.
- Ability to travel if required.
- Availability to represent Royal Far West at fundraising initiatives, activities and events.
- The successful applicant will be required to provide a current Working with Children Check.
Desirable Criteria for the role:
- Experience using Salesforce CRM
- Experience working in a charity or member based organisation
- Empathy for children’s health issues
- Interest in developing short video filming and editing skills.
Royal Far West Core Values:
Respect- We value diversity and are sensitive in relationships and to differences.
Integrity– We are open, honest and accountable. We do what we say we will do.
Care- We foster an environment that is supportive and without judgement.
Energy-We apply ourselves energetically, are resilient and encourage innovation
Royal Far West is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
WHERE WE ARE
Located in beautiful Manly, we can be accessed by bus, ferry or car.
For more information go to https://www.royalfarwest.org.au/contact/
An attractive remuneration package of $75,000-$85,000 base salary (dependant on experience) + 9.5% superannuation and salary packaging will be offered to the successful candidate.
Please note the addition of salary packaging increases the fortnightly ‘take home’ income that an employee receives. Details can be calculated via the Advantage website https://www.salary.com.au/calculators_1030
Work life balance
At Royal Far West we acknowledge the diverse commitments of our employees outside of work and can offer flexible working arrangements to accommodate the needs of these individuals.
About the Organisation
Royal Far West is a non-government organisation based in Manly, which provides multidisciplinary health and wellbeing services for children from rural and remote Australia with developmental, behavioural, learning and mental health difficulties.
We are passionate about helping children from rural and remote Australia, we believe that every child has the right to access the services they need to thrive and grow, no matter where they live. We have devoted and engaging staff that help us achieve this. We go the extra mile to help and work with children so they can have a better quality of life and our goal is to increase our offering and by 2020 to help 15,000 per year.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to join our family and help us reach our 2020 goal then apply today as we want to hear from you.
For further information please contact Danielle Chapman on (02) 8622 6841. Alternatively, a position description is available on the Royal Far West website http://www.royalfarwest.org.au/careers
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and Cover Letter which includes briefly addressing the essential criteria by clicking on the ‘Apply’ or ‘Apply For This Job’ button.
Closing date: 20th May 2019
Please quote in application: Marketing Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.