About the Role
- Be part of an organisation that makes a difference
- Use your senior level brand and media expertise to change the lives of children in need
- Sydney CBD based
The Smith Family is a national children’s education charity helping disadvantaged young Australians to get the most out of their education so they can create better futures for themselves. We are currently seeking a National Media Manager, to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Head of Communications, and working with a dedicated and passionate team, this pivotal role will develop and deliver a national media relations strategy that results in regular positioning and profiling of The Smith Family and its work across all media. Your key areas of focus will be strategy, planning, tactical execution and performance analysis. It’s a high-energy, fast-paced and impactful role and requires a self-assured, adaptive, experienced Media Manager to lead our public messaging.
A day in the life of our National Media Manager might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Providing effective media management and liaison for national or large-scale Smith Family fundraising activity, research reports, and events etc
- Providing leadership for the team, inspiring and encouraging strong performance
- Developing and implementing the national media strategy including pro-active media liaison, pitching stories, media briefs and responding to media requests
- Liaising with teams to ensure effective rollout of media strategies and plans
- Producing, reviewing and pitching of opinion pieces/articles/blogs/key messaging and speeches etc for senior leaders and CEO
- Developing media planning and process documents to ensure the effective and efficient management of media including relevant process guidelines and procedures
- Demonstrating an ability to judge issues and effectively support crisis scenarios
- Working with external agencies to maximise presence across channels of responsibility (e.g. media, twitter)
- Analysing media research, tracking and evaluating outcomes and reporting on results.
It takes a special kind of person to be our National Media Manager. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Degree qualification in a relevant discipline or demonstrated senior level experience in media relations
- Proven experience in media/corporate relations at a senior level with a track record of achieving significant media coverage and effective brand reputation management in the media
- Proven experience in driving successful media strategies, ideas and campaigns, landing stories in especially key metro media and with key influencers
- Thorough understanding of the media landscape and how to support the media to get stories up; extensive range of media contacts, particularly metro media
- Strong and effective writing skills for a diversity of audiences, e.g. media pitches, OpEds, speech-writing and social media
- Demonstrated creative strategies and PR/media campaign delivery expertise
- Management of people to achieve performance and KPIs
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and influencing skills for liaising all levels.
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family, they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members while engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us today by sending your resume to Lee Grewal at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may view the position description at Position Description link.
Closing date: Tuesday, 23 April 2019
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: National Media Manager via Pro Bono Australia.