About the Role
As part of a national network of mental health professionals, the Senior Health and Wellbeing Consultant role will involve leading a team of health professionals located in SA and WA whilst also providing health & wellbeing support to job seekers accessing jobactive and Disability Employment Services (DES).
This is a full time permanent role which has the flexibility to be based in the Perth or Adelaide region. The role requires the successful candidate to travel within their local region, whilst also supporting a team spread across both states.
Reporting to the Health and Wellbeing General Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing MatchWorks Health and Wellbeing services in your area, including the line management of Health and Wellbeing staff;
- Conducting biopsychosocial assessments and delivering short term solution focussed interventions to clients;
- Delivering psycho-educational group based interventions;
- Supporting operational staff with managing their clients with health and/or wellbeing concerns;
- Providing return-to-work guidance and offering in-work support as required;
- Building relationships with key stakeholders that contribute to the successful delivery of the service.
As a Senior Health & Wellbeing Consultant you will:
- Take overall responsibility for the delivery of Health & Wellbeing services within jobactive and Disability Employment Services contracts, including the line management of Health & Wellbeing Consultants;
- Play an integral role in setting up, monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of MatchWorks overall health and wellbeing service;
- Ensure service delivery meets the quality standards outlined in our clinical governance framework;
- Identify and build relationships with key stakeholders, including GP’s, employers and relevant community bodies.
Using your skills as a mental health professional you will:
- Work with individuals on a one-to-one basis and in groups to support those experiencing health and or wellbeing concerns;
- Educate clients on their health condition and use short term evidence based interventions to assist them to better manage their health;
- Support each client to produce a tailored action plan that focuses on return to work and assist as many clients into lasting employment as possible;
- Offer return-to-work advice and guidance for both clients and Employment Consultants;
- Assess and provide clients with practical techniques that enable them to manage their conditions on a long-term basis once in employment;
- Refer clients to relevant external health or specialist services as required.
The successful candidates will be fully registered as a health professional, with at least 2 years post registration experience, with one of the following regulatory bodies:
- Psychologist registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA);
- Occupational Therapist registered with AHPRA;
- A counsellor registered with the Australian Counselling Association (ACA) at Level 2 or above, or the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) at Provisional or Clinical level;
- Rehabilitation Counsellor registered with Australian Society of Rehabilitation Counsellors (ASORC);
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker registered with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
About Our Benefits
- Salary packaging;
- Car and fuel allowance;
- Generous professional development;
- Join an expanding organisation in a growing industry;
- Highly engaged and professional team;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Opportunity to purchase up to 4 weeks extra leave;
- Paid volunteer leave;
- Commitment to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce.
About the Organisation
MatchWorks has over 850 staff committed to achieving outcomes for jobseekers from over 130 locations across Australia. We understand the challenges, but we embrace the opportunities to make getting people into work an important step in supporting them to realise their dreams.
Our diverse team comes from a range of backgrounds and we look for people who have the energy and life experience to look beyond the resume and connect with employers to build sustainable outcomes.
MatchWorks is part of genU, a respected not-for profit community organisation that’s been working with people with disability, the ageing and those experiencing disadvantage for over 65 years. As part of genU, MatchWorks are committed to building our local communities and making everyone’s lives happier and healthier.
Apply for this Job
All applications must be submitted via the website
Please ensure that your application includes a current resume and a cover letter (maximum of 1 page) which addresses the following question:
How would you empower clients to effectively manage their mental health condition whilst progressing them closer to employment?
For any further queries on this role please email: email@example.com
Applications close: Monday 6th May 2019, 8:00 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Please quote in application: Senior Health & Wellbeing Consultant – SA & WA via Pro Bono Australia.