About the role
The Legal Services Unit consists of three main portfolio teams: Property, Trusts and Ethical Standards. This high performing in-house legal team provides a full range of legal information advice and services.
These include, for example, trusts and other asset management, contract and procurement, IP, corporations’ law, governance, insurance and indemnity.
In this exciting and complex role, you will be entrusted to lead and manage a small team in the delivery of the legal services within the Property Portfolio. You will ensure relevant legal matters are delivered effectively with a view to managing risk and efficient client services.
Your responsibilities include:
- Transfers of land (Conveyancing)
- Leasing, licencing and occupancy permits of real property
- Key relationship management with statutory authorities and other stakeholders including state Land Titles registrars.
- Oversight of Intellectual Property management.
- Home Endowment Fund and Mortgage Loans
- Advice in relation to various commercial disputes including fencing disputes, property and contractual matters, and building and construction matters.
- Advising on the significant portfolio of trusts held for the Synod of Victoria and Tasmania
Preferably full-time permanent position, part-time applicants are welcome to apply.
To secure this role you will have:
- Bachelor degree in Law
- At least 10 years of post admission experience as a lawyer.
- Admission to practice as a barrister and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Substantial experience and knowledge of property law, trusts, wills estate administration, along with familiarity with the conduct of litigation.
Applications close: Sunday, 28 April 2019
To apply visit https://ucavictas.mercury.com.au
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
About the organisation
The Uniting Church in Australia is the third largest Christian denomination in Australia. The Synod of Victoria and Tasmania supports over 600 congregations and presbyteries in the region, providing a diverse range of services and functions, including mission services as well as financial, property and business services.
As an employer, UCA values justice, inclusion, compassion, shared leadership, respect, integrity, wise stewardship and innovation. A willingness to work within the ethos of the Uniting Church is essential
- Professional and friendly work environment
- Positive work culture
- 37.5 hour work week
UCA is an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity and equal opportunity in employment. We welcome applications from all candidates from culturally diverse backgrounds, First peoples and all others regardless of age, ethnicity, religion, disability and sexual orientation.
UCA is committed to providing a safe environment for all including children. Successful candidates are required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and sign a Keeping Children Safe Code of Conduct. Successful candidates may also require a Working with Children Check.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Legal Counsel - Property via Pro Bono Australia.