About the role
Social Traders is recruiting for a new role to support the rapid growth of social procurement in Queensland. The ‘Social Procurement Lead’ will combine social enterprise recruitment, engagement and analysis with business and government member recruitment and servicing in order to enable sales and social impact. This is a hugely exciting role where you will work actively to grow social procurement as a category whist also generating impact by enabling social enterprises sales with business and government.
In Queensland, the role will build on the work undertaken over the last year in social enterprise sector engagement, recruitment and advocacy. Located in central Brisbane, it will be one of two Queensland based roles, the other being focussed on social enterprise certification.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience (key selection criteria):
- Essential: Highly developed relationship building, communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong customer service orientation.
- Highly regarded: Demonstrated track record in account management/stakeholder engagement roles.
- Highly regarded: Experience working in or with social enterprise and/or Government and/or the private sector.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in challenging environments.
- Strong understanding of social enterprise and the benefits they deliver.
- Demonstrated commitment to social change and the mission and values of Social Traders.
- Ability to work autonomously.
About the organisation
Social Traders is Australia’s leading support organization for social enterprise and is in an exciting time of change. In order to achieve our mission of maximizing social impact and change we are unlocking the massive potential of social procurement.
Social Traders is the leading organization connecting social enterprises with social procurement opportunities and supporting social enterprise to successfully deliver on the contracts they win.
By 2021, our goal is to generate 1500 jobs for disadvantaged Australians. To do this we will create a community of 95 ST business & government members and 600 ST certified social enterprises and facilitate $105 million in procurement spend.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Social Procurement Lead (QLD) via Pro Bono Australia.