About the role
- Full time, permanent position
- Reporting to the Group Finance Manager
- Hands-on-role in a small finance team
- Based at our Global Support Office in Balmain, Sydney
The Impact You Will Create
The finance team plays an integral role in achieving Adara’s mission and vision. You will support Adara’s work by:
- Monitoring and controlling the organisation’s day to day accounting and financial operations
- Ensuring effective reporting and control of compliance, audits, capital expenditure, and assets for the global operations of the Adara Group
- Working closely with international teams in Bermuda, Nepal, Uganda and the USA
To excel in this position, you will need:
- At least three years of relevant accounting experience, including exposure to activities such as processing invoices, general accounting, financial analysis and reporting
- Relevant finance or accounting degree
- CA/CPA qualification/part qualification
- Experience using mid-size ERP software, preferably Microsoft Great Plains
- A keen interest in developing skills within financial/management accounting principles
- Ability to manage and take responsibility for financial processes
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyse and effectively communicate financial information to non-financial colleagues
- Team player and good collaborator
- Interest in international development
Other amazing skills it would be helpful for you to have:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience managing databases or data visualisation systems
- Non-profit experience
For selection criteria, please see the full job description.
What We Offer
- Full salary packaging benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet friendly work environment
- Great work culture
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
- Vibrant and connected global team
About the organisation
The Adara Group believes each and every person should have access to quality health, education and other essential services, no matter where they live.
The first part of the Adara Group is an international development organisation called Adara Development that has expertise in maternal, newborn and child health, and remote community development. Adara Development has been working in Nepal and Uganda for more than 20 years.
The second part of the Adara Group consists of two businesses, Adara Partners and Adara Advisors, which are ‘for purpose’ rather than for profit. Their sole objective is to fund Adara Development’s administration and emergency project costs. This allows 100% of donations received by Adara Development to go directly to project-related costs.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Accountant via Pro Bono Australia.