About the Role
Part time role – Geelong
12 hours per week across 3 days
Vinnies NILS (No Interest Loans Scheme)
For many people, paying for essential goods and services is a struggle. Without a fridge you can’t store fresh food, without a computer kids can be left behind at school. Vinnies NILS provides a safe, fair and affordable credit alternative.
Reporting to the NILS Coordinator, the Administration Assistant – NILS will support the delivery of exceptional services of Vinnies NILS in provision of small loans with no interest or charges to allow people on low/limited incomes to purchase essential goods and services.
This position is pivotal to providing a strong base for the successful operation of the Society’ NILS Programme. The NILS Administration Assistant will assist the NILS Coordinator in managing the operations of the No Interest Loans Scheme for the organisation under the guidance and management of the Manager – Special Works and the Chair of Vinnies NILS Programme.
If you are a brilliant communicator with excellent administration and numeracy skills and possess a genuine desire to make a difference to the lives of others, we would love you to read on…
- Certificate IV or Tertiary Qualification in finance, accounting or bookkeeping (desirable)
- Well-developed administrative skills
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and managing financial reporting and reconciliations
- Well-developed analytical and numeracy skills
- Experience in training and upskilling
- Demonstrable skills in marketing and promotion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft suite of products and ability to use custom software
- Experience with a loan management or financial system would be advantageous
- Good time management and ability to work without supervision
- Ability to work constructively and collaboratively with volunteers as well as key stakeholders
- Good facilitation, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated experience in marketing and promotion – including social media
- Ability to critically review and develop processes
- Understanding of client confidentiality
- A client-focused approach to service delivery
- Behaves in an ethical and professional manner at all times
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team
- Ability to form relationships within various parts of the organisation
- Ability to set priorities and work within timeframes and deadlines
- Attention to detail, strong focus on accuracy
- Well-developed communication and relationship management skills together with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
- Awareness of, and ability to work within, the ethos of the Society
Why work for us?
- Tax reducing salary packaging
- We believe in families, so we like to provide a family-friendly environment in which to work
- Opportunities! We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way
- A supportive and collaborative work environment – we value our employees and the excellent work that they do
- We live and breathe our values
- Knowledge that you will be part of a team making significant positive change to the lives of others
About the Organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society’s members and volunteers provide practical support, advocacy and friendship to the most vulnerable in our community.
Key services include home visitation; youth programs; soup vans; assistance for asylum seekers and refugees; Compeer programs for people experiencing mental illness; education and tutoring; overseas development programs and a range of accommodation and social services through the VincentCare Victoria network.
The St Vincent de Paul Society in Victoria has more than 3,458 members and 8,660 other volunteers. In Australia, there are 19,950 members and 38,025 volunteers. Internationally, the Society operates in 150 countries and has over 800,000 members and volunteers.
Apply for this Job
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you. Please send us your updated CV and a cover letter that tells us a little more about you and why you would be perfect for the role by addressing the key selection criteria in the Position Description.
Applications close: Monday 17 June 2019
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed. These will include reference checking, police check and a working with children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety.
Please quote in application: Administration Assistant - NILS (No Interest Loans Scheme) via Pro Bono Australia.