About the role
About the Campaign
Every Child is a national campaign that believes every child can grow up thriving when Australian families get the support they need to navigate tough times. For healthy development, children need life to stay on an even keel: strong support, stable relationships, and a safe place to call home.
But right now, children and young people are being harmed because we don’t give families stability and support when children need it most.
Every Child is an emergent national campaign that will be publically launched later this year. We are calling for all levels of government to support national child wellbeing agenda; a redesign our systems in line with the public health approach and the adoption of targets to improve outcomes for children.
Based in either Sydney or Brisbane, and reporting to the Executive Director, Strategic Engagement, Research and Advocacy, you will lead a team of passionate professionals and propel the strategic development, implementation and promotion of the campaign nationally. Specifically you will;
- Influence the way Australians think about children, their families and the need for public investment in child wellbeing
- Further develop the broad-based coalition that governs and drives Every Child
- Drive policy change or implementation that improves the wellbeing of children
- Ensure Every Child is recognised as a leading campaign by peers and targets
You have a demonstrated track record in achieving policy change or campaigns, and are able to demonstrate a high-level understanding of the Australian policy making environment. Additionally you will have:
- Superior skills in the development of campaign strategy – planning, execution, evaluation and funding
- Experience working in and preferably leading coalitions
- High level influencing skills and the ability to communicate to diverse audiences
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
If you are passionate about healthy development, stability and support for Every Child please apply by sending your cover letter and resume in MS Word format. Alternatively, please call Lisa Morell 02 8243 0570.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Campaign Director, Every Child via Pro Bono Australia.