About the role
- Part Time (0.8 FTE) opportunity based in Footscray
- Values Based Organisation
- Salary Packaging, & paid Leave benefits
We are currently seeking a part time Case Manager to join our Integrated Family Services Program in the Footscray Office. This position seeks to provide case management services to vulnerable children, young people and their families to strengthen relationships, prevent family breakdown and ensure the best interests of the child are met.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Integrated Family Services the position will be involved in but not limited to:
- Managing a varied caseload dependent on target requirements from DHHS (State Government) within the IFS Program. Targets include children subject to Child Protection Orders and families impacted by family violence
- Assisting families to meet Child Protection case plans to facilitate children in out of home care to be reunified with family members and/or to facilitate family preservation so children remain in the care of family members or carers
- Providing case management services for children, young people and their parents, including CALD families and children
- Assessing referrals and requests for family violence case management services
- Contributing to an integrated and collaborative child-centered, family focused service system
- Recognizing and responding appropriately to perpetrator behavior and perpetrator driven risk
- Encouraging joint family violence risk assessments (CRAF assessments), and safety plans and enhanced information sharing
Applicants will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work or equivalent (such as Psychology, Social Science etc)
- Demonstrated experience in case management working with vulnerable children and their families
- Experience working in or with DHHS Child Protection (or similar) highly desirable
- Experience working with families impacted by family violence
- Experience in working with children, young people and their families from CALD communities
- Sound understanding of child and adolescent development and a range of theoretical frameworks and intervention strategies
- Sound understanding of working within the DHS Best Interests Case Practice and Stability Planning models and knowledge of the CFYA, 2005
About the organisation
Relationships are at the heart of why CatholicCare exists. We help people to build positive relationships, and repair connections when needed.
CatholicCare works on behalf of the Archdiocese of Melbourne and the Diocese of Sale with a mission to break down the barriers to social inclusion by strengthening families and communities.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Manager, IFS via Pro Bono Australia.