About the role
The CEO ensures effective and efficient management of social housing properties managed by PMCH under leasing arrangements with the Department of Health and Human Services and a variety of interagency protocol arrangements.
We are looking for an experienced CEO to manage and control all strategic and business aspects of the organisation. You will be responsible for giving proper strategic direction as well as creating a vision for success
The position will suit an individual who can work collaboratively with the Department and other stakeholders including the Board and staff to provide leadership and direction to a small but highly skilled team and be expected to make high-level decisions that reflect the core values of the organisation.
Mission, Policy and Planning
- Work with the Board to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long term goals.
- Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the organisation
- Develop the organisation’s culture and overall company vision
- Identify and assess risk associated with the organisation activities and ensure Board is kept informed
- Provide the Board with regular reports that monitor operational activity and events and addresses the measurement outcomes of the Strategic Plan
- Ensure the Board is informed in a timely manner of operational activities that may alter the strategic plans and directions
- Ensure all legislative responsibilities are met
Financial and Regulatory Management and Reporting
- Oversee PMCH’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting and auditing
- Assure all legal and regulatory documents are filed.
- Monitor compliance with all relevant laws and regulations
Management and Administration
- Develop and implement operational policies and the strategic plan
- Provide general oversight of all PMCH activities
- Manage the day to day operation of PMCH
- Lead and motivate staff and create an environment that promotes effective performance and positive morale
- Manage all appropriate actions in regard to tenancy management in accordance with organisational policies and the provisions of the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA).
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organisations
- Identify potential projects/partnerships to enhance PMCH’s community engagement objectives.
- Build and enhance functional working relationships with a variety of support agencies to ensure prompt responses and best outcomes for PMCH tenants/residents
- Represent PMCH at networks & meetings as directed.
Download the PD to read more.
About the organisation
Prahran Malvern Community Housing Inc. (PMCH) has developed a unique and well-respected service model that seeks to continuously maximise opportunities for social inclusion and empowerment. At the heart of this model is a commitment to the principles of Social Justice, and an aspiration to inspire mutual respect and compassion amongst all members of our community. The organisation consciously applies these principles, which are reflected in all our practices. The philosophy of PMCH subscribes to the belief that all people have a right to quality secure & affordable housing and those services should be delivered in a way that respects the dignity of consumers and encourages self-determination.
Prahran Malvern Community Housing is a not for profit, incorporated association and is managed by a community based Board of Management which acts as an interface between the client group and the wider community and is committed to ethical governance and challenging social inequity.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: CEO - Prahran Malvern Community Housing via Pro Bono Australia.