About the role
The Database Officer reports to the Manager, Supporter Relations. The role works closely with the wider fundraising RCH Foundation teams, as well as regularly collaborating and engaging with staff across the organisation.
The incumbent will contribute towards improving the effectiveness of the RCH Foundation’s database system and refine and develop information management processes.
The role will contribute to the day-to-day administration as well as managing and developing the fundraising component of the database, specifically as it pertains to campaigns, donor acquisition and donor development. At all times the role will promote data integrity, growth and the effective use of the database to Foundation staff.
This is a crucial support role in the RCH Foundation’s donor development activities and will provide advice to key stakeholders on data management, segmentation and identify opportunities within the database.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated commitment to The RCH Foundation’s vision and values and a working style that reflects these
- Strong understanding of Salesforce NPSP best practices and functionality
- The ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Demonstrated experience in the management of data and attention to detail in transaction processing with a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and proactive work attitude
- Experience and understanding of key factors of a customer service environment
- Ability to work within a team structure and to take responsibility for the completion and delivery of tasks
- Computer literacy including experience in using a customer relationship management database, as well as word processing, email and spread sheet applications
- Experience with fundraising campaign management
- Knowledge of OH&S and risk assessment procedures and requirements
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Experience managing volunteers
About the organisation
Founded in 1989, The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) Foundation is the fundraising arm of The Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne, one of the world’s leading children’s hospitals. The Foundation has the vital role of raising and distributing donated funds to the hospital. While a legally separate organisation the Foundation works closely with the RCH and its Campus Partners (MCRI and UoM) in achieving its vision. The people of Victoria love the RCH and in giving to the Foundation, whether through linked fundraising appeals like the Good Friday Appeal or Auxiliaries in their community, they feel a great ownership. As a result of this ownership and the fact that the Foundation is therefore a custodian of these donated funds, the Foundation takes seriously its role for and on behalf of those donors.
Generous community support helps to sustain the hospital’s role as international leader tackling some of the world's biggest health issues, and the Foundation supports a vast network of fundraisers and donors. Donated funds drive the hospital’s growth, are utilised for purposes of medical excellence, and support only the most innovative, life-changing programs and initiatives – that would otherwise not exist - in the areas of research, leadership, training, technology, equipment, and patient and family centred care.
Over the next few years, the Foundation will be building on its strong base to increase the funds raised and will focus on responding to the exciting challenges and opportunities presented.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Database Officer via Pro Bono Australia.