About the Role
- International fundraising with UK/EU region focus
- Based Sydney CBD office, with regular international travel
Reporting to the Executive Director of International Development, you will implement the comprehensive development program to engage UNSW’s international alumni, parents, and friends principally in the UK/EU region. The focus is on cultivating and soliciting major and planned gifts in support of the University’s highest priorities in close partnership with alumni relations and development colleagues. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage a portfolio of prospects that have the potential to make significant gifts
- Strategise with domestic colleagues on prospect identification, approach, solicitation and stewardship
- Prepare proposals, solicitation letters, and other cultivation materials and stewardship information for major and principal git prospects and donors
- Assist with event planning and execution of development related events and support alumni relations events
- Develop trip agendas and coordinate participation of University leadership and volunteers
The successful candidate
You have substantial experience working effectively with high net worth individuals and their advisors to make individual asks to generate significant major gifts or sales, as well as:
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills
- High degree of personal initiative and resilience, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Superior communication skills – in person and written including experience preparing high level and confidential communication briefings, proposals and other presentations
- Valid passport and a demonstrated ability and commitment to travel outside Australia. Extensive travel for 1-2 weeks at a time is required, as is weekend and evening work. The position requires approximately 15 percent international travel or as needed to support fundraising goals.
About the Organisation
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. Philanthropy is critical to the success of the 2025 Strategy, UNSW’s strategic plan that sets out the priorities and themes that will guide us over the next decade as we position ourselves as 'Australia’s Global University’.
Beginning with the appointment of a new Vice-President, Philanthropy in February 2016, UNSW is committed to building a world-class development and engagement team organisation that will advance UNSW’s ambitious goals. Our Development and International Development teams work closely with individuals, corporations, and foundations to raise philanthropic support for the university’s highest priorities. Our Alumni and Engagement team helps encourage the involvement of alumni and friends in Sydney and around the world in the life of UNSW. Our Operations Team ensures that all UNSW donors, alumni and friends receive a consistent and high standard of service and stewardship.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Shiree Thomas - Talent Acquisition Consultant
Phone : 02 9385 2401
Email : email@example.com
If you are a talented development professional with an entrepreneurial approach and a global perspective please submit your cover letter, cv and responses to selection criteria. *You must have on-going Australian work rights to apply for this position.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Please quote in application: Development Manager, International via Pro Bono Australia.