About the Role
- Be part of the UNSW – Philanthropic team
- Based at the UNSW Kensington campus
The Development Officer is a development professional with an entrepreneurial approach who will proactively support the Development Team to help build UNSW’s fundraising program. The position is responsible for the implementation of strategies to achieve significant philanthropic revenue targets for client group. The role is responsible for a personal portfolio of approximately 100 major gift prospects and will focus on cultivating and soliciting major and planned gifts in support of the University’s highest fundraising priorities in close partnership with alumni relations and development colleagues.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Under broad direction from the Senior Development Manager/ Director, Development support the philanthropic strategy for the Faculty/Division to achieve agreed strategies and targets.
- Work collaboratively with academic leaders to identify projects that require philanthropic support and foster productive relationships for UNSW.
- Build and manage a personal portfolio of 100 prospects that have made or have the potential to make a $25,000+ commitment and develop strong and sustainable relationships with these individuals to identify and deepen their interest in UNSW.
- Prepare proposals, solicitation letters, and other cultivation materials and stewardship information for major gift prospects and donors, and ensure cultivation and stewardship plans for all prospect and donors in the portfolio are effective and complete.
- Collaborate with development colleagues and academic leaders to develop gift ideas and strategies and foster productive relationships for UNSW whilst ensuring compliance with a systematic whole of University approach to fundraising.
- Provide high quality and appropriate advice, information and support the Faculty/Division and other relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and implement an annual work plan to maximise effectiveness and ensure activity targets (including number of prospect visits) and dollar goals are met.
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
- Relevant degree and extensive experience in development and donor
About the Organisation
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. We aspire to be Australia’s global university, improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society.
Philanthropy is critical to the success of the 2025 Strategy. Beginning with the appointment of a new Vice-President, Philanthropy in February 2016, UNSW is committed to building a world-class development and engagement team that will help advance UNSW’s ambitious goals. Our Development and International Development Teams work closely with individuals, corporations, and foundations to raise philanthropic support for the university’s highest priorities.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Steve Lalic, Talent Acquisition Consultant
Phone : 02 9385 3426
Email : email@example.com
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Please quote in application: Development Officer - Medicine via Pro Bono Australia.