About the role
As a member of the Executive team, the position provides organisational leadership, with operational responsibility and accountability across a broader team of people, as well as specific management of:
• the performance and development of the operations team;
• the development and delivery of projects;
• governance and secretariat support for a Board of nine (9) volunteer Directors;
• the implementation of appropriate policies and procedures that align to ACCAN values and meet the organisation’s objectives;
• ACCAN’s compliance with all relevant legislation including occupational health and safety, relevant discrimination, employment and public liability laws.
As well as providing leadership and coaching to staff, the Director of Operations works in partnership with other internal and external stakeholders to achieve agreed KPI’s to ensure financial viability of the organisation.
You are an experienced and inspiring leader who others trust for your knowledge, humility, and compassion, and your success in achieving key operational outcomes for a Not for Profit (NFP) organisation in the community sector. You understand the legal framework for small NFP’s and can build productive relationships with representatives in industry, government and consumer/community organisations.
In addition, you can demonstrate:
- Proficiency in leading a team and achieving outcomes through others;
- Proficiency in project management and business development;
- Experience in governance and Board secretariat functions;
- Expertise in Human Resource policy and practice;
- Understanding of budgeting processes and financial management.
Candidates who have experience in seeking sponsorships for NFP events and grants program management will be highly regarded. Ideally you will also be interested in communications consumer issues, and be familiar with and understand the needs of people with disabilities, and indigenous people.
NB – The successful candidate will need to provide a police report and sign a declaration that they have not been previously declared bankrupt or convicted of fraud.
About the organisation
Australian Communications Consumer Action Network, ACCAN, is a not-for-profit organisation and Australia’s peak body representing the interests of all consumers on communications issues. ACCAN is an important voice promoting communications services that are trusted, inclusive and available for all Australians.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS via Pro Bono Australia.