About the role
As the Director of Operations you will provide leadership, strategic direction and sound management to the Advancement Services team, spearheading efficiency improvements in the operation activities across the portfolio.
You will be playing a critical role for the achievement of Advancement’s strategic objectives and transformational growth of Deakin.
You will also oversee the efficient and effective management of Advancement’s resources in the management of information services, gift and records management, and prospect donor research.
Along with all members of Advancement’s senior leadership group you will continue to define the leading edge of advancement practice and strive to enhance Deakin’s reputation for advancement excellence.
This position will be based at the Burwood campus however intermittent travel to other campuses and attendance at out of hours events will be necessary.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- a post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline
- leadership experience and expertise in client focused programs
- extensive expertise in financial, operational and resource management and experience derived from industry, commercial and business corporations & foundations
- demonstrated experience in working effectively within complex institutional systems, committee and board structures & management teams
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide advice and service to the Advancement team
- show significant leadership skills including development of business cases, establishing project scope, planning and managing a project through its various stages
- lead strategic planning and goal setting when delivering quality products in accordance with budgetary and timeline parameters
- generate innovative strategies to develop business partnerships and engage the commitment and support of potential donors
- develop concepts and analytics in management of research and development, negotiation, promotional activities and servicing evaluation functions
Deakin University is proud to be recognised as an organisation that offers a friendly, supportive and challenging working environment. Our staff are committed to making a genuine difference to people’s lives through excellence in education and research.
We acknowledge the importance of providing a dynamic and diverse working environment and offer variety in day-to-day roles as well as professional development opportunities to assist staff to grow and progress their careers.
Deakin University staff have the opportunity to interact with colleagues from a diverse range of cultures and professional backgrounds, all of whom share a common interest in lifelong learning.
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that’s why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Some of Deakin’s workplace benefits include:
- 17% superannuation
- flexible work arrangements
- discounts with third party suppliers for health insurance, car rentals, IT and more
The flexible learning options we provide our students and our diverse team of professionals and academic experts has enabled us to achieve a 5-star rating by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds. For eight consecutive years, we’ve achieved the highest level of overall student satisfaction among Victorian universities.
We have a network of campuses, learning centres and research centres across Victoria and corporate offices in Melbourne, China, Indonesia, India and Sri Lanka. Our online Cloud campus provides more than 13,000 students with access to state-of-the-art digital tools and direct access to world-renowned academics.
As a Victorian university with a global impact, Deakin is translating its research into commercial outcomes that will help drive innovation for Australia’s economy.
All applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria along with a Cover Letter and Resume.
Job closes on 30 May 2019
For further information please contact Trent Buckland on (03) 5227 3607
To view and apply for this role please visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/949/cw/en/job/494306/director-operations
At Deakin we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We recognise that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse with a variety of backgrounds, experiences and responsibilities. In many cases, academic careers can be put on hold through career breaks or part-time work arrangements to take on caring duties, gain experience in other industries, for medical reasons or other personal circumstances.
Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Director of Operations, Advancement via Pro Bono Australia.