About the Role
With your team and relevant stakeholders, you will strengthen and support ChildFund Australia’s existing programs and projects in education. You will contribute to the quality and rigour of programs and projects in education by reviewing and providing feedback on concept papers, proposals (including grants submissions), monitoring reports and evaluations drafted by Education Specialists and/or consultants in Country Offices (COs).
- Respond to general requests for assistance from staff working on education projects/programs in ChildFund’s six COs;
- Assist COs with the preparation of education concept and project proposals and their presentation at meetings of the Program Quality Committee;
- Review and provide feedback to COs on 6 Monthly and End of Year project narrative reports;
- Assist COs with preparations for major project evaluations and education program reviews;
- Work with MEL staff to ensure that adequate records are kept of ChildFund Australia’s education projects/programs;
- Undertake visits to COs to support activities in education; participate in major planning events and reviews, provide training and support professional development to COs and partner staff on related topics such as education, general development, policies;
- Support operational or action-research projects initiated in Sydney and/or COs as components of education programs or projects;
- Contribute to the media and communication activities of ChildFund Australia;
- Contribute to the maintenance of a network, of education specialists and practitioners in COs and the IPT team, for professional discussion and experience-sharing;
- Contribute to establishing and maintaining relationships with ChildFund COs and alliance members to encourage cross-learning and collaborative initiatives to be developed and implemented.
About the Organisation
ChildFund Australia is an independent and non-religious international development organisation that works to reduce poverty for children in developing communities. We work in partnership with children and their communities to create lasting change by supporting long-term community development, responding to humanitarian emergencies and promoting children’s rights.
ChildFund Australia implements programs with a range of local partners in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Timor-Leste, Vietnam, and other Pacific nations, and manages projects delivered by partner organisations throughout Asia, Africa and the Americas. Our work is funded through child and community sponsorship, government grants as well as donations from individuals, trusts and foundations, and corporate organisations.
ChildFund Australia is a member of the ChildFund Alliance – one of the world’s oldest and most experienced child-focused development agencies. With a global network of 11 organisations, the ChildFund Alliance assists more than 14 million children and families in over 60 countries.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Education Program Officer via Pro Bono Australia.