About the Role
- Full time 4 Month maternity leave contract
- Based in Liverpool
- Excellent benefits – Salary packaging and ADO!
ABOUT EMPLOYMENT & ENTERPRISES
SSI Employment and Enterprises provides recruitment services, pre-employment planning and training, and work experience opportunities to help people establish suitable career pathways.
Meaningful employment is an important component to a stable, secure and independent future. SSI works with long-term unemployed, newly arrived refugees, people seeking asylum, migrants, young people and people with disability to achieve this.
The Employment Facilitator will work within the RESP team, working with RESP clients to support them to develop their employability and improve their ability to find employment.
The Employment Facilitator will work directly with refugee and asylum seeker clients to provide individualised employment support, and will work closely with other team members and service providers to provide clients with access to a range of employment support activities. They will be responsible for achieving employment-related outcomes and targets with the client group. They will work closely with the Refugee Employment Manager, team leaders, and the wider employment team and other teams across SSI.
- Work directly with clients to assist them with moving through an individualised employment pathway plan and engage in various employment support activities.
- Independently manage a client caseload and manage workflow to achieve key targets and KPIs for this client caseload.
- Work collaboratively with the team to support clients to access a range of internal employment support activities, as well external service providers where appropriate.
- Work closely with BDM team to refer suitable clients to job vacancies.
- Report back to the Refugee Employment Manager and work collaboratively with the wider Employment and Enterprise team, and the wider organisation.
- Engage with best practise research and learning around refugee employment, build networks with related organisations and represent SSI at appropriate refugee employment events and conferences.
Do you have experience working with clients from diverse and vulnerable backgrounds? Have you got experience providing employment or career advice, or working in the recruitment or employment sectors? Are you knowledgeable of the issues and barriers in refugee employment in Australia? Have you got an understanding of the wider refugee settlement experience and Australian refugee?
If so we want to hear from you!
Please respond to the “About You” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO ) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
About the Organisation
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with all people who have experienced vulnerability, including refugees, people seeking asylum and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Apply for this Job
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and well-being of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
If you require a reasonable adjustment please email or contact the talent team on 8799 6700.
Applications close date: 21st May 2019
Please quote in application: Employment Facilitator (RESP) via Pro Bono Australia.