About the Role
· National responsibility
· 12 month contract (maternity leave cover)
· Sydney location
The Salvation Army’s Community Fundraising team is responsible for the management and coordination of Fundraising events across Australia. Events range from the Red Shield Appeal launches in capital cities, other donor and supporter events, Corporate Partnerships and Wills & Bequest events. This role will work closely with the Events Coordinators to ensure consistent strategy is implemented across Australia. The role will work closely with state based Public Relations Secretaries and state based Fundraising teams to ensure Salvation Army donors and supporters are inspired and appreciated.
The Events Manager will report to the General Manager Community Fundraising.
The role will be responsible for the delivery of national fundraising events.
Key areas of accountability include:
- Drive strategic direction through Community Fundraising, Philanthropy, Corporate Partnerships and Bequests events.
- Ensure all campaigns are on time, within budget and are compliant with privacy standards
- Develop event briefs that clearly articulate the audience and outcomes
- Coordinate supporter elements of events such as event invitations confirming attendance and following through on special requirements
- Post Event reports
For this role you will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in events management.
The position will be located in Redfern, Sydney and will require interstate travel.
About the Organisation
Bringing hope where it's needed most
The Salvation Army is one of the world's largest Christian social welfare organisations with more than 1,650,000 members working in over 127 countries. You will find us bringing hope to those who need it most:
- Hope for people who are homeless or escaping violence.
- Hope for people trapped in addiction or battling mental illness.
- Hope for people affected by disasters or financial troubles.
- Hope for anyone feeling hopeless.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
To apply for the position please submit your resume and cover letter via the link below.
Please quote in application: Events Manager via Pro Bono Australia.