About the role
The Fundraising & Marketing Associate will primarily be responsible for developing and maintaining donor relationships, engaging with the public and focusing on developing potential and existing donors to increase donation levels and bequests.
The incumbent will also be responsible for coordinating the Institute’s marketing and communication activities
The position will be responsible to the Marketing & Fundraising Managers and will also work closely with the CEO and his Executive Assistant as part of a Fundraising Team.
Assist with the development and implementation of strategies to secure, maintain and expand donors, to include;
- Actively seek out leads for new donors
- Secure new donors and broaden the Institute’s donor base
- Facilitate and enhance potential reach of fundraising campaigns
- Contact and archive lapsed donors
- Obtain further donations from existing donors
- Work closely with the Marketing & Fundraising Managers to launch and manage various campaigns e.g. bequest campaign
Develops an interactive system and manages the Institute’s potential donor outreach database
- Develops an outreach system for prospective donors
- Analysis and recording of international donation trends in Institute’s key research areas
- Work closely with the Marketing & Fundraising Managers to develop and co-ordinate program of events to appeal to high net worth individuals, regular donors and corporate supporters
- Provides logistical and administrative support for special events
- Prepares copy for internal and external publications including the Annual Report, electronic and hard-copy newsletters and e-blasts
- Develops supporting material for fundraising campaigns e.g. pamphlets, video footage
- Identifies opportunities for promotion of BI
- Drafts media releases
- Seeks opportunities for positive media coverage and proactively promotes special events
- Posts regular news items on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Develops and maintains a BI Instagram account
- Monitors social media analytics to gauge success of social media efforts
- Assists with updating the existing Social Media Strategy
- Regularly updates the Institute’s website content
- Uses website analytics to improve PR
- Explores options for enhancing and improving the current website
- Coordinates direct mail campaigns, invitations and program material
- Assists with the development of presentations
- Provides general administrative support and other duties as required
The incumbent is expected to carry out a range of tasks that require a high level of planning with excellent attention to detail. The position will work closely with the Marketing & Fundraising Managers to provide support and is expected to exhibit initiative and flexibility. On a day-to-day basis, the incumbent would be expected to work autonomously, and manage their own work priorities and on occasion in consultation with the supervisor.
Interpersonal and Organisational Skills
The incumbent will require highly developed interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to build strong relationships. The position holder will need to be able to develop a quick rapport with a wide range of people, to communicate clearly what the Institute does and how important it is that the research continues. They must come across as being passionate and totally genuine.
The incumbent is expected to exercise maturity, tact and utmost discretion in dealing with donors from a variety of levels.
About the organisation
The Bionics Institute is passionate about multidisciplinary research and product development leading to clinical outcomes that improve lives. Our vision is to lead the world in innovative bionic health solutions through research, development, and translation. We are at an exciting phase, designing, implementing, and evaluating devices that assist in diagnosis and treatment of sensory deficits and neurological disorders. Our goal is to deliver benefits to people living with challenging health disorders by translating and commercialising our research outputs.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Fundraising and Marketing Associate via Pro Bono Australia.