About the Role
In the last 12 months, FBQ has been looking to develop a financial fundraising program, to sit alongside its successful food raising program, that saw 11.6 million kilograms of food and groceries donated the last financial year, with a further one million kilograms of key staple products purchased.
That is where you come in! FBQ are looking for an experienced Grant Writer/Researcher to write grant proposals, submissions, expressions of interest and presentations for FBQ.
Key areas of accountability include:
- Coordinate and deliver compelling philanthropic proposals, cases for support, case studies, funding applications and supporting collateral
- Maintain and regularly review grants calendar to ensure all opportunities are investigated and where appropriate, applied for
- Maintain a database of grants received, obligations, acquittals and key dates
- Source new philanthropic revenue streams
- Manage a portfolio of philanthropic donors/funds/trusts/foundations to meet all KPIs
- Represent FBQ at meetings and functions
- Engage with key external and internal stakeholders to achieve strategic objectives
- Research and wealth screen potential high value donors
- Keep donor records updated with regular reporting on activities
- Coordinate the development of plans, briefing documents, reporting and papers related to philanthropy including cases for support for key major gift prospect and trusts and foundations
- Review and make recommendations to maximise the effectiveness of limited resources
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Fundraising experience is essential
- Experience in writing including grants and cases for supports with examples to be presented
- Ability to develop budgets, achieve income targets and work within constraints to achieve financial targets. Set and track achievements.
- Strong relationship, networking and communication skills that have been developed through working with a broad range of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Well-developed influencing and negotiation skills with demonstrated success in engaging and stewarding complex stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and grow established and new programs
- Understanding of and commitment to the charitable sector
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously within a team
About the Organisation
Foodbank is Australia’s largest food rescue organisation, accounting for over 80% of food rescued in Australia. Foodbank sources donated food from farmers, processors, manufacturers, markets and retailers most of which would otherwise go to landfill as waste.
In Queensland, through the Foodbank Queensland (FBQ) warehouse and distribution facility at Morningside, food is redistributed directly through over 280 community-based welfare agencies feeding over 188,000 disadvantaged Queenslanders each month, over 35% of whom are children. Despite this, every month, 12,430 people seeking food relief are turned away because demand outstrips supply.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 07 3305 5800
Email : email@example.com
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries can be made to Leanne Henry, Associate Client Partner on 07 3305 5800.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy.
Please quote in application: Grant Writer/Researcher via Pro Bono Australia.