About the role
- Be an integral part of Melbourne’s most progressive housing and homelessness organisation
- Great Southbank location, close to the South Melbourne Market, public transportation, shops and cafes
- 5 days wellbeing leave and not-for-profit salary packaging benefits
- Flexible working environment
About the role
Are you looking for a rewarding role in an organisation that aligns with your core values?
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and team-focused individual to join our People team as our new Health, Safety and Wellbeing Coordinator.
Reporting to the People and Workforce Development Manager, you will work collaboratively with a small team on diverse projects as well as partnering with the wider leadership team to implement and maintain health, safety and wellbeing strategies.
Leading a small team, you will be responsible for ensuring that effective policies, procedures, systems and services are in place to provide a safe and positive workplace for all employees, clients and visitors and compliance with legislation and Launch Housing policy.
You will also support a culture of psychological safety and wellbeing, by working with people leaders to provide compassionate, personal and flexible approaches for Launch Housing’s employees and teams.
You will also focus on a variety of initiatives including;
- Assisting in the development of a staff wellbeing program, including involvement in initiatives designed to enhance our approach to employee psychological safety;
- Reviewing Launch Housing’s risk and incident reporting systems and providing advice and recommendations to leadership;
- Maintaining and enhancing safety risk assessment and risk mitigation processes;
What you will have
To be successful in this role you will have a personable, flexible and proactive approach to safety, health and wellbeing, with strong communication skills and a natural ability to build strong internal and external working relationships across all levels.
You will need strong attention to detail, time management skills and the ability to adapt to the demands of our dynamic organisation. You must be solutions-focused, with strong problem solving skills as you will be required to negotiate, influence and solve complex issues regularly. You will have demonstrated experience in health and safety; may have worked within a health or trauma informed setting and have an excellent understanding of relevant health and safety legislation along with relevant qualifications and/or experience.
About the organisation
Launch Housing has an ambitious and singular mission to end homelessness. We aim to get people housed, keep them housed, and be an influential voice on ending homelessness. We are a secular, independent provider of choice for clients and the 'go to' organisation on homelessness for government, media, philanthropy, private donors and the community.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Health, Safety and Wellbeing Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.