About the Role
Centenary Institute invites applications from motivated individuals to join our Fundraising and Marketing Team as the Individual Giving Manager.
If you are an experienced fundraiser looking for greater variety in your role, this is your chance to really make your mark as part of an expanding team. You will be responsible for setting up new programs that will attract vital funds to accelerate our quest for novel ways to prevent and treat cancer, heart disease and many other deadly and debilitating diseases.
This role offers great variety, with the opportunity to use a broad range of skills:
- Your rigour and analytical skills to recruit and retain supporters through a multi-channel appeals program
- Your creativity and negotiation skills to conceptualise an innovative community fundraising program, and engage new volunteers to drive this
- Your tact and interpersonal skills, in engaging with supporters who may consider
The successful candidate will:
- A strong track record in managing and delivering effect public fundraising initiatives
- Excellent written communication skills
- Highly numerate, and experienced in analyzing and interpreting performance data
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to quickly form strong relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to manage conflicting workloads under strict time pressures
- Capacity to work autonomously and as part of team
- Sound administration and time management skills.
- Relevant qualifications
- Track record in a similar role in an organisation that undertakes medical research
- Line management experience
- Experience working in an Apple Mac environment, and with Adobe Design Suite and the Raiser’s Edge CRM.
About the Organisation
The Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine and Cell Biology is a non-profit independent medical research institute and the Centenary Institute Medical Research Foundation is the fundraising entity of the Institute.
The Institute opened in 1989 to celebrate the centenaries of the Sydney University Medical School and the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital. Our Vision is ‘to improve human health through excellence in medical research’. We believe that medical research is the best hope we have of ensuring every person has the chance to lead a healthier and longer life, and protect future generations.
Our scientists and clinicians strive for creativity and excellence in discovering improved diagnostics, treatments, and cures for cancer, inflammation and cardiovascular diseases. The Foundation is responsible for raising funds and awareness to support the research conducted by the Centenary Institute.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Individual Giving Manager via Pro Bono Australia.