About the role
The junior graphic designer will help deliver a project, with the Digital Assets Manager, to reinvigorate our suite of consumer education resources and online platforms.
Enhance your current skill set while being responsible for:
- Assisting with the design of a diverse range of innovative consumer education materials appropriate for a wide audience and delivered through several channels
- Assisting with the creation of communications for ACCAN stakeholders under the guidance of an experienced team leader
- Contribute to the achievement of the goals and objectives set out in the Strategic Plan and the Work Plan
To be successful in this role you should have the following:
- Fully qualified in Graphic Design or similar
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator & Acrobat (Windows operating environment)
- Strong visual communication skills and the ability to articulate ideas verbally and in writing
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Exceptional attention to detail and experience with proof reading
- Understanding of the print production process
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines concurrently
- Ability to take direction and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to work well in a team environment and liaise with key internal stakeholders
- Have a good understanding of accessibility and WCAG guidelines
- HTML/CSS coding skills or an interest in learning
- Video editing and motion graphics capabilities will be highly regarded
- Understanding of community sector
- Familiarity with needs of people with disabilities
The position is a full-time position on a 12 month contract and flexible working arrangements can be negotiated with the successful applicant.
ACCAN is an EEO employer: women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, persons with disabilities and people from culturally, linguistically and religiously diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: Thursday 6 June 2019 at 12 noon.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV and cover letter addressing the Essential Skills, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon Thursday 6 June 2019.
A position description, including the Essential Skills for the position, can be obtained from our website at www.accan.org.au/jobs
Tel: 02-9288-4000 Fax: 02-9288-4019 or contact us via the NRS
About the organisation
ACCAN, the Australian Communications Consumer Action Network, is Australia’s peak body representing the interests of all consumers in communications issues.
We’re your consumer voice on phones and internet.
ACCAN is an important and independent consumer voice promoting communications services that are trusted, inclusive and available for all Australian consumers with particular concern for vulnerable consumers whose needs are underrepresented.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Junior Graphic Designer via Pro Bono Australia.