About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated Key Relationships Officer to work as a part of our friendly and supportive Fundraising and Marketing team. This is a full-time permanent role based at our Newtown centre (head office). The role reports to Key Relationships Manager and is primarily responsible for seeking opportunities and developing grant proposals and will persuasively communicate The Shepherd Centre’s mission and programs to potential funders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Researching available grants
- Assembling and submitting grant applications and other forms of funding requests
- Working closely with all facets of the organisations to make a strong case for support
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Trusts and Foundations, grant giving bodies and other funding bodies
- Provide support in grant reporting and submission of high value applications
Why join The Shepherd Centre
At The Shepherd Centre, we are passionate about improving outcomes for the children accessing our programs. We support work-life balance and offer benefits including;
- Flexible working including option for a fortnightly Rostered Day Off
- Competitive salary packaging (available in the not-for-profit sector)
- Supportive and friendly work environment and company culture
- Excellent written, spoken, analytical and organisational skills are essential
- Strong time-management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully work on multiple simultaneous projects
- Experience using online databases and other online sources to locate data and information
- Ability to work well under pressure and to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form
- A sound understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants
- Working With Children Check (NSW) or willingness to obtain one
- Full working rights in Australia
Previous experience in grants writing will be an advantage. Applicants that can demonstrate the skills and attributes required and listed above will also be considered and are encouraged to apply.
About the Organisation
The Shepherd Centre is a leading not-for-profit early intervention provider that runs specialised paediatric programs for children with hearing impairment and their families to enable them to develop their listening and spoken language and go on to achieve their full potential in life.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your current resume to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The closing date is 5:00pm on Friday 31st of May 2019. We encourage you to submit an application as soon as possible as we will be actively shortlisting applications as they are received.
Please quote in application: Key Relationships Officer (Grants) via Pro Bono Australia.