About the role
- Full time (38 hrs per week) maximum role
- $63k – $69k pa (Level 4 – SCHCADS Award) plus access to generous salary packaging up to $18,000pa
- Base location: Tamworth
About the Service
The Society delivers essential Local Area Coordination (LAC) services as part of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) rollout in NSW. The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) represents a significant change in Australia’s ways of providi ng disability support with a focus on individual goals, choice, social inclusion and building capacity. NDIS takes a lifetime approach, investing in people with disability early to improve their outcomes later in life.
You will work directly with NDIS participants, their families, carers and communities to support their access to the NDIS. Your role will involve individual support planning, providing information and support in building, implementing and reviewing NDIS plans and building community inclusion and capacity. You will also look to assist participants in building their capacity to self-direct and achieve their goals.
You will have the opportunity to receive ongoing professional development and training within your role, giving you the skills to make a difference and help build the capacity for all Australians to control their own life and destiny.
Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need
- Relevant qualifications and demonstrated experience working in the human services sector
- To demonstrate person-centred approaches and other contemporary disability and community services practices.
- Good understanding of the key principals and opportunities of the NDIS for Participants.
- Ethical, inclusive and non-judgmental attitudes towards others.
- Ability to be adaptable in changing environments and ability to prioritize competing demands and achieve agreed targets.
- Strong communication, problem solving and influencing skills.
- Ability to connect and develop networks and linkage with local community and mainstream services.
- Interpersonal skills to engage with external stakeholders to establish valuable connections with local communities.
- Computer skills including Excel and ability to work with client information systems.
- Good written and documentation skills, including timely report writing.
- Proven ability to work autonomously while also collaborating positively within a team environment.
- A willingness to adhere to the mission and ethos of the St Vincent de Paul Society and Code of Conduct.
- A valid driver license and ability to undertake regular travel.
The following will also highly regarded:
- Lived experience of disability
Come and join our team!
About the organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Local Area Coordinator - Tamworth via Pro Bono Australia.