About the role
Summary of program and its objectives:
The Training Services team is recognised for their high level of skill and expertise working with people experiencing disadvantage, refugees and people seeking asylum and in the area of multiculturalism and immigration. The team focuses on providing the highest quality training services to students and promotes the unique strengths of individual so that competencies are built, work readiness and employability is increased. BSL Training Services holds a unique position within the organisation and connects with many other programs with objectives related to moving people into work.
Main responsibilities of the role:
This position coordinates RTO accredited, ACFE Pre-Accredited training and fee for service operations for Work, Economic Security and Social Inclusion. This includes managing training coordinators, trainers/assessors, developing training solutions to meet packaging guidelines that address the requirements of the industry, employers, learner partner organisations, and maintaining service and quality systems to support the delivery of high quality and flexible training experiences for learners.
Additionally, the position develops training calendars and assists in ensuring compliance with AQTF, VRQA, Higher education and Skills Group and ACFE standards and conditions of registration and funding guidelines.
This position is critical to the ongoing sustainability and viability of Training Services.
To meet the selection criteria, candidates will require:
- certificate IV in Training and Assessment with demonstrated experience in undertaking training and assessment within an RTO or similar environment
- prior experience in managing and supporting teams
- demonstrated knowledge of compliance policies and procedures related to training delivery to meet AQTF standards and VRQA registration requirements
- proven interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead effective relationships and liaise across all levels both internally, externally and with people from diverse backgrounds
- excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan team workload, prioritise and meet deadlines
- demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective team member to achieve goals
- proven ability to identify and resolve problems
- well-developed knowledge of Microsoft Programs and working knowledge of VETtak or other software for student management systems
- understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood.
- tertiary qualifications relevant to training delivery and/or experience in the development of customised training programs
This is a full time position working 38 hours per week.
Salary will be in the range of $75,000 to $80,000 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
To view the Position Description, please click here.
For further information about the role phone Melinda Moore on (03) 9288 9937
As part of the Brotherhood’s recruitment and selection process, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: National (and International if applicable) Police Check, Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, Right to Work in Australia, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and current professional registration.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has a vision of an Australia free of Poverty. We embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation and gender identity to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we work within. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people. We embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contribution to our organisation.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager, Training Services via Pro Bono Australia.