About the Role
- Lifehouse, Camperdown, Sydney
- Active and collaborative not for profit cancer clinical trials group
- Help make a difference with your marketing and communications experience
- Maternity leave cover – 12 month fixed contract
This position has responsibility for managing the external marketing, communications and fundraising event programs for ANZUP to:
- Develop and execute marketing and communication strategies that manage and promote the ANZUP brand internally and externally and build internal engagement;
- Develop and execute fundraising strategies and campaigns that drive donor acquisition, growth, and retention across the Below the Belt Pedalthon and other events, other community fundraising, and foundations and grant providers;
- Develop and implement internal campaigns to engage ANZUP members;
- Develop and implement campaigns/events to engage the general public;
- Develop and implement the Below the Belt Pedalthon fundraising and awareness event.
Marketing and Communications
- Develop and execute marketing and communication strategies that manage and promote the ANZUP brand internally and externally;
- Formalisation and optimisation of links and communication with key stakeholders;
- Develop and implement annual fundraising, marketing and communications plan;
- Establish the marketing and communications strategy and brand identity for ANZUP’s fundraising events, Annual Scientific Meeting and community engagement forum;
- Update marketing material and collateral as required;
- Work closely with ANZUP members and partners to maximise positive exposure for ANZUP;
- Work with PR and social media agencies on campaigns;
- Develop and foster relationships with new and existing donors, sponsors and philanthropic organisations;
- Establish and implement a social media strategy for ANZUP, Pedalthon and other ANZUP activities achieving engagement;
- Develop effective relationships with ANZUP to gain key stakeholder engagement;
- Use communication tools, platforms and digital channels to effectively communicate to different audiences.
Events and Meetings
- Manage, execute and deliver ANZUP’s major fundraising event working with the CEO, external suppliers, sponsors, staff and volunteers;
- Work closely with the CEO, PCO, Internal Communications Manager and external suppliers with event and project management of the Annual Scientific Meeting;
- Budget management.
- Manage, develop and produce ANZUP’s consumer magazine, A little below the belt, engaging membership, consumer, community, including stories, articles and clinical content;
- Assist with other publications e.g. Annual Report, UPdate Newsletter.
- Project manage, develop, maintain and grow the Below the Belt Pedalthon;
- Develop and execute fundraising and campaigns that drive donor acquisition , growth and retention;
- Foster and encourage Pedalthon supporters and pro bono suppliers;
- Work closely with fundraising platform suppliers to maximise the best outcomes;
- Manage community fundraisers and events.
Sponsorship and Partnerships
- Working with the CEO, Chair and other members, manage pharma and non-pharma relationships;
- Identify sponsors and partners aligned with ANZUP;
- Execute relationships and agreements with sponsors and partners;
- Working with the CEO grow and retain relationships with sponsors and partners;
- Foster and encourage partnerships with the Pedalthon supporters and sponsors.
- Manage and oversee Marketing and Communications officer.
What you will need to succeed
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Good project management, planning and coordination in a multi-task environment;
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders at one time;
- Demonstrated ability to independently assess and decide on priorities and workload;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Ability to think laterally in relation to problems/issues;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Ability to manage staff ( Marketing and Communications Officer) and external contractors effectively;
- High attention to detail and strong project management skills;
- Self-starter who consistently meets deadlines;
- A proactive approach to work and relationship management.
Experience / training / qualifications required
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications or a related field;
- Minimum five years relevant experience in a similar role;
- Prior experience in a not for profit organisation;
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Extensive experience in writing and managing the production of communications and promotional materials for a variety of audiences, both internal and external;
- Demonstrated experience with event and project management;
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and execute communications projects and campaigns;
- Demonstrated experience of independently researching issues proposing, implementing and managing solutions;
- Web content production skills using a CMS, basic HTML skills an advantage;
- Knowledge of graphic design and email programs, Canva, Campaign Monitor, Adobe Creative Suite programs Photoshop and InDesign or similar;
- Experience in dealing with media (desirable).
- Understanding of the not-for-profit sector
- Ability to work occasional weekends or outside of hours e.g. Pedalthon events, Annual Scientific Meeting and meetings.
About the Organisation
ANZUP is the Australian and New Zealand Urogenital and Prostate (ANZUP) Cancer Trials Group and was established in 2008 with a mission to conduct high-quality clinical research to improve outcomes for people living with ‘below the belt’ (testicular, prostate, bladder, penile and kidney) cancers.
ANZUP is a not for profit cancer research charity with over 1,550 members from a multi-disciplinary network of medical, surgical, radiation oncologists, nurses, psychologists and allied health professionals dedicated to improving patient outcomes for 27,000 Australian men and women diagnosed with ‘below the belt’ cancers each year. There are approximately 160 cancer centres and hospitals around the world running ANZUP trials, with 9 ANZUP trials currently open to recruitment.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9562 5042
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Marketing and Communications Manager via Pro Bono Australia.