About the role
About the role
SLSNSW’s Membership Team works to support our membership base – from the youngest nipper through to our most passionate lifesavers. Roles within this team ensure the organisation is well-positioned to deliver its strategic objectives relating to the recruitment, induction, recognition, retention, and safeguarding of members throughout the state.
In this role you will be reporting to the Membership Manager, working closely with the Surf Life Saving NSW staff team and key volunteers throughout the state. You will be a passionate worker who leads by example, supporting Surf Life Saving clubs to create a safe and supportive environment.
Some of the duties will include:
- Assisting with the development and implementation of new frameworks to promote and enable member wellbeing and support following critical incidents.
- Assisting with the creation of tools, resources and communications to promote positive mental health across the organisation.
- Providing guidance and support to Surf Life Saving NSW members on policies and resources relating to safeguarding children and young people.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience in a similar role with a focus on either safeguarding or mental health and wellbeing;
- A high level of organisational and time management skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in stressful situations;
- Knowledge of child safe legislation and/or frameworks;
- A pleasant, positive, and professional attitude in dealing with volunteers and other staff members;
- Current Working with Children clearance;
- A very high level of interpersonal skill and insight,
- Ability to complete projects on time, to scope and within budget;
- Strong computer literacy skills, including the Microsoft suite of products and database applications;
- Current full Australian driver’s licence;
- Willing to be available for some limited evening and weekend work.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualified in relevant field;
- Experience working in a similar role in a Not for Profit or community-based organisation;
- Ability and experience in delivering training to staff and internal stakeholders;
- Experience in responding to critical incidents and debriefing;
Understanding of the statutory and regulatory frameworks in which Surf Life Saving NSW operates
About the organisation
Surf Life Saving NSW (SLSNSW) is the state’s primary water safety and rescue organisation and one of the largest volunteer movements in the country. We support more than 75,000 members in 129 clubs to serve the community through the provision of beach patrol services, coastal emergency response, training and education, sports and junior development.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Member Welfare Officer via Pro Bono Australia.