About the role
- Position: Multisystemic Therapy (MST)-Psychiatric Therapist
- Status: Full time (38 hrs pw) 12 Month Contract
- Salary: $80,000 to $84,390.30K
- Location: Werribee
An exciting opportunity to join Multisystemic Therapy Program in the Western Melbourne region has become available. As our Therapist you will utilise the MST model to develop comprehensive, systemic intervention plans for Aboriginal youths, aged 9-15.
This role will be responsible for:
- Conduct Multisystemic Therapy assessment including review of referral information, identifying and engaging key participants, identifying systemic strengths and weaknesses, and developing an analysis of the fit of problem behaviours within the ecological context
- Engage primary caregiver and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement
- Implement a problem conceptualization, treatment planning, intervention implementation, outcome review and strategy revision procedure using the Multisystemic Therapy Analytic Process
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of treatment efforts that promote peer and supervisory review and feedback, and that demonstrate compliance with the nine MST Principles and the Multisystemic Therapy Analytic Process
If you would like to be part of an organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Relevant qualification in Psychology, Social Work or Counselling. Masters or higher qualification will be highly regarded
- Understanding and awareness of the issues experienced by Aboriginal children and families and the ability to effectively communicate with Aboriginal people.
- Demonstrated experience working in the child and family sector, in particular strengths based ecological frameworks.
- A sound understanding of the principles and practice of case management, child development and risk assessment.
- Strong organisational abilities, interpersonal and communication skills and ability to prepare reports and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Multisystemic Therapy (MST) -Psychiatric Therapist via Pro Bono Australia.