About the role
- Part time 0.6EFT
- Ongoing position
- Based in Carlton
If you’re committed to providing quality and reliable care to help our clients remain as independent as possible in their own home, we have the ideal role for you
At cohealth we’re committed to high performance, engaging team culture and investing in our people, enabling a rewarding career. We also offer;
- Generous salary packaging options, which will significantly increase the value of your take-home pay
- Role diversity and internal career progression opportunities
- Join a positive, friendly and supportive work environment
- Work within an ambitious and fast paced environment and join a team with a heart! Love what you do!
Our Older Persons High Rise (OPHR) Support program is based in high rise accommodation, within the Public Housing estates of the Inner North and West, which are allocated to older people. The OPHR program ensures that isolated and vulnerable residents have access to support and services. The program aims at increasing residents’ sense of safety, independence and security while enhancing their social and community involvement. We provide on-site presence, low level monitoring of the whole high rise population, one to one support work and on site health and social activities.
We operate using a team approach and a rotation system to support workers. We provide residents with a sense of variety and exposure to different sets of skills. There is an expectation that you will be rotated through at least two public housing estates and have capacity to assist, where possible, at any of the cohealth OPHR programs.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Working within a team based model of service delivery, to locate and assertively engage marginalised clients;
- Monitoring the health and wellbeing of vulnerable clients, especially those who do not have case managers or support workers;
- Developing goal directed care plans for clients of the program;
- Developing new activities, where possible in partnership with other agencies; and
- Maintaining client files including keeping case notes, statistical/program records according to organisational policy and funding requirements;
To be successful for this role you’ll possess:
- Experience working in the health/community sector including advanced skills in community development, care facilitation and assertive outreach;
- The confidence working in a satellite campus on a public housing estate;
- Demonstrated competency in delivery of group programs;
- Demonstrated ability to engage respectfully and appropriately with people from culturally and socially diverse backgrounds, and from marginalised groups within the community;
- A current License to drive in the State of Victoria; and
- The ability to speak a relevant community language would be highly regarded.
If you have what we’re looking for, do not delay – APPLY NOW.
Applications close on 9th June @ 10.00pm
About the organisation
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Older Persons High Rise Worker via Pro Bono Australia.