About the Role
With significant growth and development underway, Ballarat Cemeteries is seeking an experienced and motivated leader to undertake the role of Operations Manager. Reporting to the CEO, this position is responsible for the delivery of efficient, effective and seamless operations, including infrastructure, crematorium and burial operations, memorialisation and horticulture services.
This position oversees a dedicated team to ensure relationships are developed and maintained with all internal and external clients, including families, business partners, service providers and community organisations. In addition, the Operations Manager will develop plans and budgets that support infrastructure and botanic park development and maintenance, as well as commercial priorities that are aligned with our strategic plan. You will bring relevant experience and practice which will enable you to manage projects, people and resources.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- a genuine interest in working within this sector and be comfortable with death and dying;
- demonstrated experience managing an operational team preferably within a public park, public garden or cemetery environment;
- exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and easily build relationships with internal teams and external partners;
- a proven ability to provide support and advice on strategic initiatives and drive continuous improvement;
- a strong understanding of work health and safety practices and appropriate legislation
Applications close at 9am on Tuesday 11th June 2019
About the Organisation
Ballarat General Cemeteries Trust is a State Government Agency which is a self-funded and not for profit organisation. With a proud history and a well-planned future, Ballarat Cemeteries, comprising the Old Ballarat Cemetery, and the New Ballarat Cemetery, is a tranquil and beautifully maintained, essential community asset. As one of only two Botanical Cemeteries in Victoria, the New Ballarat Cemetery covers 55 hectares and includes 63,000 square meters of lawns, over 6,500 trees and roses and peaceful open parkland.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0428401834
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please address the key selection criteria, demonstrating your experience and alignment to each and forward with your resume and cover letter to Marita at email@example.com
Please quote in application: Operations Manager via Pro Bono Australia.