About the role
Moriarty Foundation is seeking to create sustainable funding streams that build on our currently stable and growing revenue base, following 7 successful years since establishment.
The Partnerships & Fundraising Manager role suits a highly motivated professional who has a talent for developing and nurturing relationships with corporate partners, philanthropic supporters and government, to fund Moriarty Foundation. This is a pivotal role in our expanding operations.
We are an agile and flexible small-medium independent not-for-profit, with an affiliated organisation that has more than thirty years experience in remote Aboriginal Australia. We are offering the suitable candidate a cutting edge professional opportunity and a fulfilling role that is responsible for organisational revenue generation across all funding channels. The role will encompass all aspects of relationship management, together with comprehensive input to partner marketing and funding communications, with the aim to deliver mutually beneficial outcomes for both Moriarty Foundation and its partners.
The position reports to the (Hon) Managing Director and liaises with Partnerships Executive Strategist, CFO, Development and People Lead, and Head of Communications, with Team Administration Support to assist. The opportunity exists to grow the partnerships team as the funding portfolio expands. You will be joining a talented, high performing team within a dynamic, inclusive workplace culture.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Develop, drive and deliver partnership and fundraising initiatives for the Foundation, in line with the organisation’s strategic plan and in collaboration with the (Hon) Managing Director and Foundation Team.
- Support the (Hon) Managing Director in the execution of Individual Major Donors and Government Relations strategy.
- Prepare and manage contracts for corporate partners and government grants with the guidance of the (Hon) Managing Director, CFO and legal advice.
- Implement strong digital account management processes to map activity, grow partner base and achieve efficiencies.
- Contribute to annual budget planning and tracking and provide quality and timely reporting and communications to corporate partners and internally to the Foundation.
- Manage the donor acquisition and retention program including receipting, newsletters, communications and recognition.
- Conduct research and provide strategic business insights into targeted corporate, philanthropic and government sectors, ensuring the Moriarty Foundation proposition remains relevant and competitive.
- Develop proposals, debriefs and other working reports which meet the needs of partners and integrate funding intelligence.
- Develop and coordinate production of government, philanthropic and corporate partnerships marketing and communications materials in collaboration with Communications Lead to ensure brand and profile awareness are consistent with Moriarty Foundation strategy.
- Timeline, manage and contribute to grant writing, grant applications and acquittal process
- Ad hoc duties as required.
- An experienced professional, with 5+ years of demonstrated success in revenue generation.
- Proven experience in partner relationship management, sales, marketing or communications, preferably with appropriate tertiary qualifications.
- Experienced across a range of fundraising channels.
- Experience in developing successful fundraising strategies aligned to the mission and vision of an organisation.
- Sound project management skills with demonstrated ability to take initiative and manage issues.
- Proven ability to be proactive, work collaboratively, prioritise work requirements, and consult appropriately.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Advanced computer skills, especially MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
A Working with Children Check and Police Clearance will apply to the successful applicant.
- A light and airy contemporary office in Crows Nest Sydney, close to public transport and all amenities.
- Capacity to travel where required.
About the organisation
Sydney-headquartered Moriarty Foundation was established in 2012. Its founders are John Moriarty, a Yanyuwa NT man, business owner and the first Indigenous footballer to be selected for Australia, and business owner/author Ros Moriarty. We enable NT, NSW and Qld Aboriginal communities and families to unlock their own children’s potential. We tailor our approach to meet local challenges and needs in communities, with local employment and staff development at the centre of our sustainability. Moriarty Foundation delivers two programs that follow the whole-of-child lifecycle from birth to 18, Indi Kindi (Early years program) and John Moriarty Football (Football skills mastery program).
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Partnerships & Fundraising Manager via Pro Bono Australia.