About the role
We have an exciting new opportunity to join a not-for-profit and make a real difference. As a People and Culture Manager, you will be responsible for providing leadership for the organisation’s people and culture strategies. The role will identify and implement initiatives which builds the culture of CORE and you will work with a continuous improvement approach, reporting against the strategic plan of the organisation.
The successful applicant will be someone who ensures the organisation’s people and culture initiatives are engaged, collaborated in the design and of a high standard, for CORE to attract, retain and build the capabilities of employees.
Supported by external services provider this role will provide strategic human resources leadership, oversighting administrative human resources staff and providers. To be successful the candidate will be able to flex between the granular and strategic ensuring the organisation is well supported by human resources strategy, policy, systems and processes.
Reporting to the CEO, the P&C Manager will actively assist senior leaders, managers and staff across the full range of HR matters including:
- Development and implementation of a fully integrated organisational culture strategy to drive high performance and employee engagement
- Training and development
- Policy writing
- Recruitment and Selection
- Employee relations
- Work Health and Safety
- Return to work and Worker’s compensation
- Performance management including disciplinary issues
Skills and experience
- Degree level qualifications in Human Resources or in a related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in progressively senior Strategic Human Resource Management roles
- Interpersonal skills to positively build effective working relationships, drive engagement, motivate staff, and influence culture.
- Applied knowledge of Australian employment law and related regulatory and statutory requirements
- Demonstrated experience in organisational and leadership development
- Demonstrated experience in leading and supporting organisational culture
- Ability to develop and facilitate effective learning initiatives that meet business requirements.
- Proven experience in a multi-faceted organisational context, with an emphasis on quality service delivery and results
- Sound project management, planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated skills in development, management, maintenance and review of human resources strategy, policies and practices to meet organisational priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a broad range of people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting organisations meet standards against industry accreditation schemes
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Experience in a not for profit organisation
- Experience in staff development and training
- Experience in delivering Return To Work programs
- Demonstrated knowledge in implementing and managing HR Information Systems an advantage
Why join us?
- Salary packaging of $15,900 in tax-free pay per year.
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Flexible working conditions
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference in people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
About the organisation
CORE Community Services (CCS) - we are a not-for-profit community organisation which has been operating in South West Sydney for 40 years. We deliver a wide range of services, activities and programs across five key service areas - Children's Services, Youth Services, Multicultural Communities, Aged and Disability Care and Community Engagement.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: People and Culture Manager via Pro Bono Australia.