About the Role
One of our Personal Advisors is moving to Canada and we need to fill her role in Orange. Personal Advisors assist young people leaving care by:
- Understanding their plans and goals and implementing leaving care plans that meet the those goals;
- Developing life-skills – the important things like building relationships, navigating mainstream and specialist services and handling change;
- Developing skills in self-advocacy and advocating on their behalf to coordinate services, education and accommodation options;
- Building their capacity to establish and maintain long-term accommodation over time.
Salary is at Grade 4, Level 4 under the SCHCADS Award. But we offer more:
- a dynamic, committed and friendly team of colleagues
- amazing training and the chance to grow your skillset
- use of a work vehicle for all your work-related travel
- salary packaging to minimise the tax you pay
- additional leave after your first 6 months
About the Organisation
Veritas House is a vibrant not-for-profit, community-based organisation with a specific focus on supporting vulnerable children, young people and their families. The Premier’s Youth Initiative is a growing service that aims to prevent homelessness among young people leaving care by providing them with a personal advisor and mentoring in education, employment and accommodation services.
Apply for this Job
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application will only be considered if you include a statement that addresses the following selection criteria:
1. Degree qualification (or Diploma and working towards a Degree)
2. Knowledge, understanding and/ or experience of working in a trauma informed, strengths based practice with young people who have lived in Out of Home Care
3. Experience providing incidental counselling and mentoring to young people with complex needs
4. Experience building relationships, networking, and working cooperatively with a wide range of diverse services that offer supports to young people
5. Experience and well developed skills in goal setting and action planning for young people leaving Out Of home Care
6. Knowledge and understanding of the legislation, rights and resources available to children and young people who have been placed in Out of Home Care, including requirements for leaving and after-care planning
7. High level planning and organising skills to support allocated clients while meeting deadlines and administration requirements
8. Capacity to travel within the Western NSW region to meet with clients
All employment at Veritas House is subject to a clear Working with Children Check & satisfactory National Criminal Screening.
Full details of the position, including the selection criteria and information on how to apply, can be found in the Information Package on our website: www.veritashouse.org.au
Please quote in application: Personal Advisor (young people leaving care) via Pro Bono Australia.