About the role
One of our Personal Advisors is moving to Canada and we need to fill her role in Orange. Personal Advisors assist young people leaving care by:
- Understanding their plans and goals and implementing leaving care plans that meet the those goals;
- Developing life-skills – the important things like building relationships, navigating mainstream and specialist services and handling change;
- Developing skills in self-advocacy and advocating on their behalf to coordinate services, education and accommodation options;
- Building their capacity to establish and maintain long-term accommodation over time.
Salary is at Grade 4, Level 4 under the SCHCADS Award. But we offer more:
- a dynamic, committed and friendly team of colleagues
- amazing training and the chance to grow your skillset
- use of a work vehicle for all your work-related travel
- salary packaging to minimise the tax you pay
- additional leave after your first 6 months
About the organisation
Veritas House is a vibrant not-for-profit, community-based organisation with a specific focus on supporting vulnerable children, young people and their families. The Premier’s Youth Initiative is a growing service that aims to prevent homelessness among young people leaving care by providing them with a personal advisor and mentoring in education, employment and accommodation services.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Personal Advisor (young people leaving care) via Pro Bono Australia.