About the Role
- Location: Preston
- Status: Full Time (flexible) , 12 months
- Salary : $90,000k to $95,000k
VACCA is looking for a Policy Manager to provide a high level of advice and support.
Supporting the Director of the Office of the CEO you will be responsible for policy briefs, presentations, speeches, media releases and research papers as required by the CEO. You will also prepare and/or assist in the preparation of policy papers and briefs as required for the Board, the CEO and the senior leadership group of VACCA.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Considerable experience in policy and or research is essential.
- Experience in managing a team will be highly regarded.
- Experience in managing and coordinating multiple projects is essential
About the Organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Policy Manager (Maternity Leave Cover) via Pro Bono Australia.