About the Role
SYC is seeking a highly motivated, outcomes focused individual to manage the delivery of the coaching service in SYC’s approach to support young people in work – the Sticking Together Project.
Based in NSW, this is a full-time, permanent position. The successful applicant will be required to travel across project locations within New South Wales.
Responsible for the achievement of high standards of coaching delivery and partner management and the performance outcomes of the project, the Program Manager will also undertake a significant role in ongoing service delivery development and the development and testing of new service innovation.
Duties of the successful applicant include:
- Lead and manage the day-to-day delivery of the Sticking Together service.
- Prepare and develop strategic and operation plans.
- Seek out and build relevant partnerships with services providers.
- Participate in the re-design and service tailoring for implementation of the service in new geographic locations.
- Manage the coaching process, monitoring and overseeing the gathering of data and information by coaches.
- Take responsibility for the collective program targets, resolve performance issues and proactively create solutions to issues impacting performance.
- Liaise with SYC and partner organisations to maximise project performance and client participation.
- Participate in the design of new services, including within employment, disability, training and young people.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of communication, marketing and promotion of the Sticking Together Project.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline to youth services, employment services, training and/or education.
- Experience in engaging and working with disadvantaged young people
- Experience managing community development programs
- Experience working with the employment services industry.
- Experience in successfully developing individual and targeted group programs for young people.
- Experience managing and guiding a large team.
- Experience in effectively engaging and working with employers, especially small to medium sized businesses, to provide advice, coaching and support on the successful retention of young employees.
- To hold (and maintain) a clearance to work with children is an essential requirement of this role and continued employment with SYC.
- Occasional out-of-hours work, intrastate and interstate travel will be required.
- Possession of a current valid Driver’s Licence and willingness to drive is required.
The salary for this position is negotiable based on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Applications close by COB Monday, 27 May 2019.
About the Organisation
SYC is a not-for-profit organisation centred on employment, training and youth services. With a core purpose to positively affect the lives of people in need, last year SYC helped more than 61,000 people in the areas of Learning, Wellbeing, Home and Working.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : KCheckley@syc.net.au
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button and include a cover letter with your application.
To view our employee benefits click here.
SYC is a Child Safe organisation and will require the successful applicant to complete pre-employment checks including a Child Related Employment Screening.
SYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud of our diverse workforce. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disabilities to apply.
Please quote in application: Program Manager - Sticking Together Project via Pro Bono Australia.