About the role
Essential Skills for position
- Experience in administrative roles.
- Experienced with using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Able to maintain accuracy and attention to detail when creating documents.
- Able to follow procedures.
- Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned.
Desired Skills for position
- lived experience of disability
- Familiar with smartphone and tablet jargon and applications
- Interest in the telecommunications industry.
- Knowledge or experience with assistive technologies or the disability sector.
What ACCAN offers
- 1 year contract position from July 2019 to June 2020
- 20 hours per week with flexible working hours.
- Position is located at Sydney office in Ultimo
- Salary negotiable based on experience – SCHADS Award level 2/3.
ACCAN is an EEO employer: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, persons with disabilities and people from culturally, linguistically and religiously diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV and covering letter identifying the position and addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com
About the organisation
ACCAN, the Australian Communications Consumer Action Network, is Australia’s peak body representing the interests of all consumers in communications issues.
We’re your consumer voice on phones and internet.
ACCAN is an important and independent consumer voice promoting communications services that are trusted, inclusive and available for all Australian consumers with particular concern for vulnerable consumers whose needs are underrepresented.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Assistant - Accessible Telecoms via Pro Bono Australia.