About the Role
Summary of program and its objectives:
The Training Services team is recognised for their high level of skill and expertise working with people experiencing disadvantage, refugees and people seeking asylum and in the area of multiculturalism and immigration. The team focuses on providing the highest quality training services to students and promotes the unique strengths of individual so that competencies are built, work readiness and employability is increased. BSL Training Services holds a unique position within the organisation and connects with many other programs with objectives related to moving people into work.
Main responsibilities of the role:
The Quality and Compliance Coordinator (QCC) leads all quality assurance and compliance functions and processes for BSL Training Services. The QCC is responsible for all tasks related to insuring VRQA registration, internal and external audits and contract requirements.
The QCC will be responsible for maintaining the focus on continuous improvement of the Training Services and the development of a Training Services Quality Plan. The QCC will oversee and perform self-inspection and audit programs, lead efforts to implement a quality management system and ensuring compliance with contract requirements to support the ongoing sustainability and viability of the service.
To meet the selection criteria, candidates will require:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment as a minimum with sound operational management experience within an RTO environment
- Well-developed knowledge and understanding of the causes and consequences of unemployment, those who are most likely to be unemployed, and the training strategies that are successful in helping people follow pathways in to further education or employment
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing compliant training and assessment activities, including a working knowledge of AQTF, VRQA, ACFE and Higher Education and Skills First requirements for accredited and pre-accredited training providers
- Proven experience in complying with performance and funding agreements, in particular Higher Education and Skills Group (Skills Victoria), ACFE and DET
- Proven strong administration, organisational, prioritising and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently taking initiative as well as in a team
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to advise and liaise across all levels both internally and externally and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and make appropriate recommendations
- Highly developed computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Office Software and student management systems
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the BSL.
- VETtrak knowledge or experience
- Experience in leading and managing staff
- A demonstrated commitment to service quality and innovation in the training and assessment area.
This is a full time position working 38 hours per week.
Salary will be in the range of $71,000 to $76,000 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
To view the Position Description, please click here.
For further information about the role phone Melinda Moore on (03) 9288 9937
As part of the Brotherhood’s recruitment and selection process, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: National (and International if applicable) Police Check, Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, Right to Work in Australia, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and current professional registration.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has a vision of an Australia free of Poverty. We embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation and gender identity to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we work within. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people. We embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contribution to our organisation.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9288 9937
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Quality and Compliance Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.