About the role
- Full time
- $76,000 – $80,000
- 5 weeks annual leave
The Nugel case manager position is responsible for delivering a child protection case management service to vulnerable Aboriginal children and their families. These positions will play a key role in working with Aboriginal children and families, Government and sector partners to reduce the over representation of Aboriginal children in care and in contact with the Child Protection system, strive for better outcomes for children and to build capacity in families so that children can be transitioned home.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
Knowledge and Skills
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture
- Ability to undertake complex casework with families and children who have experienced trauma and may present with challenging behaviours, including using culturally safe therapeutic approaches to heal and build resilience
- Ability to complete assessments, including assessments of risk
- Ability to develop, implement and reviews plans for children and young people
- Ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with Aboriginal children, families, carers and other service providers to achieve outcomes
- Ability to advocate on behalf of Aboriginal children and families
- Experience working in the child, youth and families sector
- Diploma of Community Services
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
VACCA's objectives include the preservation, strengthening and protection of the cultural and spiritual identity of Aboriginal children and to provide culturally appropriate and quality services which are responsive to the needs of the Aboriginal community.
As a state wide community based Aboriginal organisation VACCA has extensive experience in the management and delivery of a range of community services programs to the Aboriginal community with a particular focus on services to vulnerable children families and community members.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Case Manager - Nugel via Pro Bono Australia.