About the role
- Full time, permanent position
- Reporting to the CEO of Adara Development and the Chair of the Adara Group
- Based at our Global Support Office in Balmain, Sydney
- International travel several times per year
Your work is integral to our mission of bridging the world of business and the world of people living in extreme poverty. Working with a small, dedicated team, you will be responsible for major gifts, fundraising, relationship management and raising our profile.
The role is both hands on and strategic, requiring you to lead the fundraising strategy, as well as oversee the communications and public relations functions of the organisation globally.
Our maternal, newborn and child health and remote community development programmes are growing, and your work will enable us to touch the lives of many more people living in poverty.
Please see the Job Description attached for more detail.
To excel in this position, you will need:
- More than five years of successfully managing major donor partnerships, major gifts, grants and cultivating positive relationships
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field (e.g. international development, international relations, marketing or communications)
- A proven track record in a variety of fundraising operations, including with corporates, foundations, grants, tenders and individual giving
- An extensive network of contacts at corporates, businesses, organisations and media outlets across Australia
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience in writing donor proposals and grant tenders
- Sound knowledge and understanding of marketing and communications
- Experience in preparing and managing budgets, and the management of financial and administrative systems
- Both a strategic and hands on approach
- A commitment to social justice and international development
What we offer
- Full salary packaging benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet friendly work environment
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
- Vibrant and connected global team
The Adara Group is an equal opportunity employer and child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo an International Criminal Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection Policy.
About the organisation
The Adara Group believes each and every person should have access to quality health, education and other essential services, no matter where they live.
The first part of the Adara Group is an international development organisation called Adara Development that has expertise in maternal, newborn and child health, and remote community development. Adara Development has been working in Nepal and Uganda for more than 20 years.
The second part of the Adara Group consists of two businesses, Adara Partners and Adara Advisors, which are ‘for purpose’ rather than for profit. Their sole objective is to fund Adara Development’s administration and emergency project costs. This allows 100% of donations received by Adara Development to go directly to project-related costs.
Adara reaches more than 50,000 people living in poverty each year and countless more through knowledge sharing.
The Adara Group has operations in six countries – Australia, Nepal, Uganda, USA, Bermuda and the UK. We are responsible for implementing substantial development programmes that we manage on the ground through our local teams in Nepal and Uganda.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Manager, Partnerships and Major Gifts via Pro Bono Australia.