About the Role
Reporting to the CEO, you will oversee the operations of contracted programs in accordance
with VACRO’s requirements. The State Manager – Support Services provides strong and
effective leadership to program staff and Managers to ensure the quality delivery of services
which meet KPIs. This involves management of human resources, budgets and finances,
contractual compliance and risk.
Key selection criteria
• Qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services or similar. Business or
management qualifications will be highly regarded.
• Demonstrated experience in supervising front line managers, and mentoring and
engaging with teams who work with complex clients.
• Experience in building strategic partnerships, developing and evaluating program
models, and successfully operationalising innovative programs.
• Highly developed interpersonal, conflict resolution and problem solving skills to resolve
organisational issues, and develop and manage good stakeholder relationships.
• Knowledge and understanding of the criminal justice sector and the complex issues
relating to people who have been in contact with the Victorian justice system,
particularly those who are socially disadvantaged and have been incarcerated.
• Proficient in managing budgets and using technology as a management reporting tool.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
What we offer
VACRO is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to staff wellbeing. We provide extensive
on-boarding training and ongoing professional development for staff, amongst other benefits.
This role is classified at Level 7 (depending on qualifications and experience) SCHCADS 2010
About the Organisation
VACRO is a non-government, non-denominational organisation providing support and
information for individuals charged with a criminal offence, offenders, and their families.
VACRO also provides leadership, education, training and research on the justice system for
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 039605 1900
Email : email@example.com
The position description is available on our website at www.vacro.org.au under “Careers”. In
your application, please address the key selection criteria in this advertisement and include a
current Resume. Direct any enquiries or forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 9am, Monday 17 June 2019.
Please quote in application: State Manager - Support Services via Pro Bono Australia.