About the Role
- Located in Richmond / Dandenong /Outreach sites
- Full Time role – Salary Packaging available
- Be part of an organisation striving to create a world where all women and children will be safe and free from family violence
We need a suitably qualified & experienced Team Leader to provide direction and support to Client Services Team, Student placements and Volunteers. This includes ensuring all staff are provided with regular professional supervision and appropriate development and training opportunities to enhance their capacity to provide a quality service. The Team Leader will be responsible for developing positive and effective partnerships with external service providers and family violence outreach services.
An excellent understanding and awareness of structural and social inequities which discriminate against women and children from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds (CALD) and a sound knowledge and familiarity of family violence related policies and legislation will be highly regarded.
If you have the capability to achieve success in this role, have a genuine commitment to social justice, high ethical standards and values. We would love to hear from you!
Direct Service Delivery / Supervision
- Ensure culturally safe and high standard of service delivery to women, their families and communities by:
- Providing leadership and direction to Client Services team members to ensure the needs of children and their families are being met
- Monitoring and managing service requirements and demands, including staff workloads, client allocations and recruitment requirements
Data and Reporting
- Ensure accurate record keeping, according to program guidelines and agency registration obligations
- Supervise and quality control maintenance of client files in line with legislative and policy requirements
- Maintain accurate statistical data using organisations current data systems as required by inTouch and the Department of Health and Human Services
- Working closely with the Executive Manager Client Services, take initiative and responsibility for on-going service development, implementation, continuous improvement and innovation in inTouch’s culturally safe programs for CALD women, their families and communities
- Actively contribute to planning and leading change, including greater use of technology and engaging more actively with client feedback to inform service improvements while ensuring services are provided in accordance with the departmental standards, program requirements and Family Violence practice guidelines and frameworks
- Promote an integrated service within inTouch through close collaboration with the inTouch Legal Centre and Capacity Building and Projects Team
About the Organisation
inTouch Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence provides services, programs and responses to issues of family violence in CALD communities. By acknowledging the rights and diverse experiences of our clients, we develop and implement a number of culturally sensitive and holistic models for the provision of services to both victims and perpetrators of family violence. In tackling the issues of family violence we act on multiple levels – individual, relationship and community.
Apply for this Job
inTouch has a pending renewal of an Equal Opportunity Exemption (H143/2018) and requests applications from women only.
As part of our screening process in support of the safeguarding of our clients, candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory National Police Check, Statutory Declaration where necessary, sign our Code of Conduct and complete a Working with Children Check.
Applicants should express their interest through a short covering letter attaching their resume and a brief document, limited to three pages, addressing the key selection criteria. Applicants who do not address KSC will not be considered.
A detailed position description is available on our website www.intouch.org.au
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Team Leader via Pro Bono.
Applications close on COB Monday, 27 May 2019.
Please quote in application: Team Leader via Pro Bono Australia.