About the Role
The Team Leader is responsible for the day to day management of Anglicare’s foster care services in the Western Region, based at Yarraville. Anglicare Victoria provides foster care for children and young people who are temporarily unable to live at home. Anglicare Victoria is the State’s largest provider of foster care and plays a vital role in protecting children and young people by ensuring they have a safe and nurturing home while their family cannot care for them.
Our foster care program provides a stable home environment for children and young people aged between 0 and 18 years. Children enter foster care for a number of reasons and can stay with our carers for as short as one night or several years.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Excellent communication with ability to engage with a wide variety of people.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and leadership qualities, with the capacity to motivate and lead a team of professional staff.
- A thorough understanding of the issues relating to the placement of children in out of home placements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or experience in working with children/families and caregivers in out of home care.
- The ability to appropriately balance competing demands and interests of key stakeholders.
About the Organisation
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 93967400
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader Foster Care via Pro Bono Australia.